Today's another day — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Today's another day

charlene
charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
had a rather restless sleep, and feel I have been dragged through a hedge backwards! However, I am even more determined to gain the award I feel I should have. 

During reading lots of info. Concerning mobility I read that it should be done, in a fashion unlikely to cause harm to themselves and others. My question is if someone has a wide limping gait and falls, trips, stumbles on walking, does that fulfill the above criteria?

i have read CockneyRebel's post on winning an appeal, and found it really helpful, many thanks.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Comments

• charlene
    I am also about to measure of 20m on the side of my house , where it is flat, and time myself.  Also thought oh timing myself out front on the pavement which slopes toward the road, also develops into a long drawn out slope which takes you to the top of the road. The assessor I have read, should take into account how you cope with different surfaces.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @charllene, remember that accessment centres have ctv so as you approach and enter and move around the waiting area you can could be watched by the accessor. Also the accessor will have details in distances from the nearest bus stop And car park to the Center. So when asked how did you get to the accessment Center they will know how far you have walked from either, so saying you can only walk X  yards  of distance in your application and yet managed to walk Y yards distance from car park,bus stop to the accessment. Makes your mobility part of the claim a hard to believe tall story.
  • charlene
    Thanks Wilko.  I realise I have good days as well as bad  and need to acknowledge this.  Shame the assessment only looks at  a very tiny window of time. Not sure if it is on the form, or people are advised to write down, what happens on your worst day. 
  • charlene
    It's dreadful that we are made to  feel we should perform like performing seals, in the time allotted to us at assessment.
  • charlene
    Hello Wilko, my assessor has written down I took 5 mins to arrive at the reception desk.  The distance maybe 40 feet , she then. Dismisses it as trivial, I had sat down in taxi and stiffened up and I was also anxious of the upcoming interview. Lol it looks as though they want it all ways.

Brightness