Got 8 points for PIP through written appeal, now being told I didn't — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Got 8 points for PIP through written appeal, now being told I didn't

Options
bob708
bob708 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was awarded lifetime DLA it was stopped after pip I went for the appeal lost got 0 points sent a written appeal got a letter back saying I had 8 points but I lost the letter so phoned and asked for a cipty they said I never got 8 point award I replied for pip and they haven't got back to me although they sent avtext saying they had received my letter that was back in January 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @bob708 and welcome to the community. You have found a safe place here, are among friends and we are very glad to have you with us.
    Although I am not a benefits advisor we do have them here and, if you can bear with us, they will respond to you as soon as possible.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • bob708
    Options
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi bob and welcome

Did you appeal to the tribunal ? if so you should ask them for a copy of the decision
    Have you now made a new claim ? The first part is usually made by phone and then a PIP 2 form as before

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • bob708
    Options
    Yes I still have letter of 1st appeal saying 0 points made new claim back in Oct 17 heard nothing
  • bob708
    Options
    I went to a appeal court hearing they gave me 0 points I then wrote a letter to DWP complaint how these 3 judges could only give me 0 points wen I was given DLA for life I got a letter back saying I got 8 points so I asked for a blue badge as I lost the letter saying 8 points so I asked for copy was told I was never given 8 points although 2 people had found proof saying they would send it to me I still haven't got it so I made another pip appeal in 2016 no answer yet ?
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @bob708, hi bob many people moving from DLA to PIP have their award reduced or stopped, the main reason is that DLA criteria is about your disability whereas PIP criteria is all about your abilities to preform the descriptors repeatedly to a time and standard. So having filled in your application for PIP stating what your capabilities where and at the accessment explained told the accessor why you can't or unable to do the tasks descriptors from the form a desision is made as to how many points you will be awarded. So Bob if the accessor has or had entered false answers then you have to appeal if these can be proved beyond any doubt.
  • hnk
    hnk Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi, how PIP is awarded is a joke.. I used to have dla middle rate care and low mobility  then they decided just before pip came in that I was no longer eligible as part of my claim was false. Tried to appeal but never won. ....when PIP began I applied for it and got turned down 4 times all with appeals befor the 5th time they gave me 8points to allow me low care. I am epileptic with osteoporosis and compressed fractures, I had to give up my retail job. According to them I'm able to wash, dress, shop all things in life as well as work !!!!! Unfortunately many employers don't agree. I know of people that have high care and low mobility with a lot less wrong with them. Frustrated is a polite word.
  • hnk
    hnk Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I'm sorry if I offended anybody. The job centre won't tell me what I can try to claim apparently I have to fill the forms in for the benefit then they'll say yes or no !!! Shaw trust and reed say they need referral form job centre before they can help, cab is near impossible to get them to answer phone and you can no longer walk in. I gave up work as I couldn't do that particular job anymore no other reason.  If PIP doesn't take into consideration wether you are fit to work because of disability or of how many disability you have

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.