Questions about PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Questions about PIP

Options
AliBarrett
AliBarrett Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I'm interested in the processing of PiP applications, how long they take and do they always require a medical. Tia

Comments

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Options
    It can take up to 9 months from first applying to getting a decision and you will almost certainly need a medical assessment
  • AliBarrett
    AliBarrett Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    That seems like a long time, it's for my daughter, severe anxiety and depression since she was 15. How do they assess mental health? Thanks for your reply.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Most PIP applicants will have to have a f2f assessment.  These assessments aren't really medical examinations.  You'll probably get a DWP decision within  a month of the assessment - mine took two weeks.

Disability Rights UK site has a good guide to all aspects of PIP.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My guess is they will have you see a mental health nurse at the f2f. 

From my experience I had to show the condition existed before they even considered the descriptors.

Good luck.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi AliBarret

Have a look at the B&Wself test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Tracy1965
    Tracy1965 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Options
    I’m on pip at moment recently contacted them to let them know my condition has got worse how long will it be before I here from them do you think and I assume will have to have another face to face interview thank you
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @Tracy1965, when I informed DWP of a condition change I was told I had to fill in a new PIP application form and go for a f2f. Which I duly sent off had my f2f then waited 10 weeks for award letter but had my report weeks before so had an idea what my award was, but still had to wait for comfirmation letter.. Good luck.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.