Desperate — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Desperate

ollieandduke
ollieandduke Community member Posts: 174 Courageous
Last july i was on ir esa as a joint claim with my husband who was my carer at the time and still is.
Hes worked all his life and when he started caring for me i could see he was getting a little depressed being at home 24/7.
So i suggested he went to work 2 days a week as an odd job man. He would work 3 hours in morning and come back to help me then go 3 hrs again.
He did this 2 days a week earned £45 per day.
I told dwp and they asked if he got receipts or payslips i told them no so they said without proof  of hours worked they would take hubby of my claim which they did.
We have lived on £109 CB esa plus the odd 2 days money hes worked for.
He hasnt worked now for 2 weeks but im scared to ask if he can go back on my claim incase i have to reapply for esa all over again as im in the support group and ive been given till 2019 on it.
Can they make me reapply if i ask for my hubby to go back on my esa claim.

Comments

• mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Have you got some support? I didn't want to read and not reply but I have no wisdom and am poorly today so a bit ****, sorry.

Scope have benefits advisors.... Let me see if I get find one for you... Brb
  • mossycow
    OK the 2 people I usually get help from are not available but I am finding out about benefits support and will come back soon 
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi
    im not up on benefits but you could call scopes helpline for advice if you felt up to take.

susan
  • mossycow
    The help line is fantastic, I used it when feeling desperate to and it really helped. Very busy though. Don't give up if not there at first. Also t is free and at the very top of the page 
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi Ollieandduke.
    if you are getting esa support group try and apply for pip this is for help with daily living expenses.You should also look at the online benefits calculator to see if you are getting your full entitlement on esa.
           Debsidoo.x
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi @Ollieandduke

When applying to have your partner added back onto your claim, it is not a new claim for ESA, only the re-addition of the income related element, therefore this shouldn't trigger reassessment (although remember they can reassess you at any time if they so choose).

If you request an ESA3 form, and just complete it with the change of circs (partner being added to claim), income details etc, then the income related element should be added without much fuss.

If you're not already claiming PIP/Carer's Allowance/Council Tax Support/Housing Benefit (if applicable) then do have a look at the benefit calculators to see if you could apply.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

• ollieandduke
    Thank you mary. I appreciate your help x
  • ollieandduke
    Just an update . I rang esa this morning they are sending me a ESA3 form through the post. They said i will have to try and prove that his job has finished but we have no proof as he was a man with a van and worked if and when 
  • mossycow
    I wonder... Would his clients give him receipts?

Of if he spend a wee while writing them put they could sign them? Just a thought... Might not be appropriate. 

Thought I'd pop back and see how it was going. I'm waiting for my PIP thingy again.... Sigh.... Nerve wracking. I'm trying to pretend it hasn't /won't happen.... It's the only way my mental health can cope I think

Let us know how it goes. And hopefully ypur don't feel as desperate now xx
  • ollieandduke
    Hes only ever done 2 days a week working 6 hours a day as im disabled and cant get about he was getting £90 someone said he shouldnt have been taken off my claim but there you go lol x
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    All you can do is fill in the ESA3. You might also get advice from CAB or similar

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.