Heard nothing from DWP, won tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Heard nothing from DWP, won tribunal

susan48
susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Does anyone know how long it takes to hear from DWP regarding new award as I won my PIP appeal.
Its 3 weeks now, a long 3 weeks, and all Iv received is the tribunal letter.
I’m starting to worry that Iv heard nothing from them.

Any advise please

Comments

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    They have up to 4 weeks to decide if they are going to appeal on the grounds of a error of law if they don't you should get a award very soon
  • susan48
    Thanks markyboy,
    just another week or so to wait then.
    Seems all we do is wait anxiously 

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi susan48

I'm afraid there is often a delay following a successful tribunal outcome although they are supposed to do it promptly. The DWP has one month to consider appealing but this is relatively unusual so hopefully they will simply pay you soon.

You could telephone the office handling your case and make sure they have received the tribunal's decision.

David
    The Benefits Training Co:

• susan48
  • susan48
    Update
    i received my Brown letter today from DWP, backdated money to paid Monday.
    got award to and including it stated from nov 17- nov 19 includes there’s dates.
    im taking it there will be a review after nov 19???
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi susan48,

PIP tend to start the renewal process 12 months before the current award is due to end so it may be that you will receive a claim form in November 2018. 

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• jemm27
    jemm27 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I'm in the same situation haven't heard nothing other then the tribunal desicion witch I won, it's now been 4weeks and not heard nothing, don't no what to do 
    Jem
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    jemm27 said:
    I'm in the same situation haven't heard nothing other then the tribunal desicion witch I won, it's now been 4weeks and not heard nothing, don't no what to do 
    Jem
    Hi,

It can take DWP 8 weeks to pay backdated money owed. There's nothing more you can do but wait to hear from them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jemm27
    jemm27 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi @poppy123456 thankyou for your comment spoke to them this morning, told me 6weeks so if not heard to call back on the 1st July but should be soon, put my mind at rest ?
  • ashley666
    ashley666 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I've just won my tribunal got the decision letter I did phone yesterday he said they received it and it's on the system.. 12 months to get here when do dwp write to me 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    ashley666 said:
    I've just won my tribunal got the decision letter I did phone yesterday he said they received it and it's on the system.. 12 months to get here when do dwp write to me 
    Hi,

Great news. It can take 8 weeks to receive backdated money owed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.