Supporting evidence — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Supporting evidence

charlene
charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
Just wondering how much influence would letters from friends, family , neighbours would have on the outcome of pip decision?
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Comments

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Just noticed the DM ignored my assessor so who knows! 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • charlene
    Oh this is getting worse. So sorry Whistles.
  • charlene
    The reason I asked about influence is that it appeared my sister-in-law sitting on the other side of the door, was pointed out negatively. We had decided to do this in advance as she didn't/I din't want her to listen about my bladder,  bowel problems. 

Sat at here waiting for my result, I suddenly realised I had only medical evidence, not friends , so thought I should I remedy this.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    In theory, testamonials  from the people that know you best should be taken into consideration, but as we know most medical evidence is ignored
    You have nothing to lose by submitting them, a testamonial is different to just a letter

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • whistles
    Maybe they need to note everything they see/ hear? 
    I feel for anyone having to discuss such intimate details with what is a stranger. 
    Are they looking for friends and family testimonies in relation to just those descriptors or general? 
    My friends/ family have never seen me cook because I don't. 
  • charlene
    Exactlt Whistles.  It was bad enough talking to a woman assessor, it would of been tons worse if my sister-in-law, was sat besides me with her eyes popping out.  my brother and sister-in-law,  do not know such intimate details about me. Hoever my sister-in-law can testify, that she has witnessed me crawling up stairs to get to the loo.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • charlene
    I know, it is rediculous.  If I had needed my sister-in-law, at any time, she would have been at my side instantly.  I knew precicly where she was, on the other side of the door, not miles away in a room in another part of the building.  Indeed, when my interview was over, and the assessor opened the door, there was my sister-in law, stood in the doorway.  Lol, I love her to bits!
  • whistles
    How was it worded negatively? Just trying to get a picture. Did it say were not accompanied?
  • charlene
    Hello Whistles, it is just reading between the lines.  Because I was on my own with the assesor I feel the remark implied  I did not  require support.
  • whistles
    I am reading mine again because I know my brain puts in its own words. 
    It says on mine "shop staff" and my brain decided "shop lifting" was the word used. I had an eeek moment then. 

Not saying that's your case. But I would read that as support there if required? Was it home visit?
  • charlene
    Sorry Whistles the fact my sister-in-law was in another room was mentioned twice. The one I mean't read, '

Although supported to assessment centre, friend remained in waiting area and informal observation note she remained at assessment for the duration!  big brother is watching !! the assessor ticked a. Can plan zodiac follow the route of a journey unaided. 
  • charlene
    Sorry plan a route

Brightness