Review in assessor report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Review in assessor report

dee4848
dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
Hi just a question please for a friend if anyone can help ..if an assessors report says review in 2 years does this mean that there is an award or would it still say it if there wasn' an award ? 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
     I understand this means you have an award that will be reviewed looked at again in two years time, your friend will be reacessed way before the two years is up. Hope this helps why they can't word their letters so it's easy to understand, if your not sure ring DWP for an exsplanation.
  • dee4848
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    If it is the assessors report then this does not mean that an award has been made.
    You can get an idea from the report of the possible award by adding up the points but the award is only made by the DWP. Your friend should wait for the decision letter  to be certain

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    My assessors report says review in two years.
    My award is for three until 2021. 
    When you receive the award it might tell you when your review will be, mine has given me a date already. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • CockneyRebel
    Usually the assessor recommends a review date , the DM then adds a year to the recommendation as the end date. Reviews are usually carried out a year before then end date ie the review date given by the HCP

CR
  • dee4848
    edited March 2018
    @CockneyRebel Hi so even if points are awarded but not enough to get any rate it still would say review in 2 years on the assessors report ? She won' score them up she' going to wait for DWP decision 
  • dee4848
    whistles said:
    My assessors report says review in two years.
    My award is for three until 2021. 
    When you receive the award it might tell you when your review will be, mine has given me a date already. 
    Yrs mine said same 
  • dee4848
    @CockneyRebel she looked at what assesor  said seen a couple of lies and freaked out and put it back in the envolope but she did see review in 2 years 
  • CockneyRebel
    Hi dee

yes part of the report calls for a review date even if no award is made, the DM can over rule the report and make an award or not. The assessment report is to do with the medical and functional side to the claim as the DWP have no in house medical knowledge but there maybe other aspects for a DM to consider

CR
  • whistles
    dee4848 said:
    @CockneyRebel she looked at what assesor  said seen a couple of lies and freaked out and put it back in the envolope but she did see review in 2 years 
    I think I got lucky reading these stories. 
    So far mine has written what was said- in too much detail but I did say it like that type thing. 
  • dee4848
  • CockneyRebel
    dee4848 said:
    If this is the case then it is even more important to read it and be prepared. She will only have 28 days from the date on the decision letter to ask for a mandatory reconsideration if she doesn't get the award she deserves, Usually the decision letter takes around 10 days to arrive, then allowing for the return post and reaching the right department, she will only have around 10-14 days to make her case.
    If you can persuade her to read it or let you do so it would be good to be prepared

CR
  • dee4848
    whistles said:
    dee4848 said:
    I think I got lucky reading these stories. 
    So far mine has written what was said- in too much detail but I did say it like that type thing. 
    Me too
  • dee4848
    dee4848 said:
    If this is the case then it is even more important to read it and be prepared. She will only have 28 days from the date on the decision letter to ask for a mandatory reconsideration if she doesn't get the award she deserves, Usually the decision letter takes around 10 days to arrive, then allowing for the return post and reaching the right department, she will only have around 10-14 days to make her case.
    If you can persuade her to read it or let you do so it would be good to be prepared

CR
    Hi I have explained what you have said but no she too scared , a ot of patience than I would ever have  Thankyou I'm going to give her another go today .
  • baggsali
    baggsali Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    On my sons capita pip report it says based on claimants circumstances it is not appropriate to review the claim what does this mean please 
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to butt in but can you explain this new chronic illness guidance please @Username_removed.

• whistles
    That's ESA is that the same for pip? 
    I thought it was a light touch in ten years for ongoing?
  • aaronw3440
    aaronw3440 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    Mine says review in 2 yrs as I’m due to see neurologist, and something that I have had for 42 yrs is suddenly going to get better!
    Amazing what knowledge these nurses have.
    From experience they are not even qualified as they know nothing about medical conditions which is why 99% of the assessors lie and make things up that weren' said or even happened the whole system is a joke and they need to actually hire actual qualified medical professionals

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.