Feeling unwell — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling unwell

charlene
charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
Since my assessment, I have been feeling really unwell.  Experiencing fllu type symptoms, shivers all over my body, up and down back, and legs etc.

popped out for milk, before the predicted snow.  Managed to stumble 3 times and could barely walk.  Very bad breathing difficulties, but that can happen when I get anxious 

have no no intentions of going out again today, 
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    I felt as if rock had been lifted when I got my award. 
    It's so stressful. 
    I'm not out today. So will be around to chat.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @charlene Just let you know what you are experiencing is anxiety.  Anxiety symptoms.  When we get anxious we start to let our minds take control over the body.

If I say to myself I am going to get  cold I will feel cold.  Get ill feel ill.  Sometimes having bad thoughts and depression can bring on illness.

I know this if I get anxious I get dizzy breathing in too much Co2 Carbon monoxide this cause unbalance of legs and balance.

Trust your own instincts and will power.  I have learnt to cope.

To be advised also speak to your GP.  If you feel any more symptoms.  Good food soup something warm and comforting.  Chicken soup and rest, today.  Dr Spiceman says. 

Because you are unwell today I am sending you flowers from the virtual reality florist to cheer you up.  I think some nice roses.  Is that OK.

Keep warm and safe

The one and only spiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • whistles
    What's this virtual florist I have heard about? 
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Whistles well I love the people on this community.  Especially ladies of the community who are friends.  So as a old fashioned gentleman in the Sir Roger Moore mould.  I appreciate the little bits of advice I get.  Sometimes gentlemen need a steer in the right direction.

To thank you I used to send flowers as a token of esteem.  To any of my female friends who are ill, having a bad day or anything else.  Had a female friend going to the dentist.  Scary and frightening.  As I was not available for support.  Sent her flowers.

So as I am not able to meet you all in person.  Then I say I bought a virtual reality florist.  Send flowers or bouquets who I feel are having a bad day.

To those I thank you for helping me giving me advice and being supportive.

Remember the world is ruled by men but it is you ladies who pull the strings.  As one of my female friends keeps reminding me.

I am not being patronising that is not my persona.  

Take care

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    hi charlene thespiceman is right stress can make us feel really unwell. i know it is hard but try to relax and focus on something positive. i am sure you will feel alot better then
  • [Deleted User]
  • whistles
    Feeling 
    Hot hot hot 
  • charlene
    Goodness, would you believe it, I have just woken up. Still sniffling and those unpleasant tingling are still all  over my body.  This is going to be a very, lazy day, not doing much or even getting out of my chair.
  • charlene
    Thanks Thespiceman. Love the sentiment behind 'virtual' flowers. The flowers last and the thought also. 
  • thespiceman
    Hello ladies thank you all,   Especially @Victoriad   @Charlene

Hope you like them

The one and only spiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @charlene, how are you doing today? Sorry to hear you've not been feeling well. As we're not medical professionals here on the community, it may be worth visiting the GP if you're still not feeling good.
  • charlene
    Hello Pippascope,  it looks as though my flu type symptoms are on the wain.  Have to see my GP this week for a prescription, so will mention it to him, as someone mentioned it could be due to stress.  Something a lot of us on this group, seems to be suffering from.

Today was my first appointment with Therapst, said this course would be for 6 weeks! But it looks as though it will be longer, something mentioned by Therapist during the session. Thank you for your concern.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Charlene,
    i hope the session went ok.
    are you seeing them weekly?
    its just I found that too much so was 2 weekly.

• charlene
    Eventually went well.  Initially couldn't cope and  was on the verge of walking out. Thankfully something in me said don't and I managed to tell her she was overwhelming me, and could she stop talking so much.

this she did, changed the subject and I managed to calm down.  It will be weekly if all goes well.
  • thespiceman
    Hello @charlene Good day to you, sorry I have not spoken for a while.  Hated to interrupt all you ladies the last few days or so.

That is us gentlemen only speak when spoken to .   I sit back and admire the humour, wit.   Any way your appointment with your therapist.  I am sorry she talked too much.  Just I had to say been to several who seem want to control you.

Give your opinion and view if and when not needed.

Usually of University first time doing this.  The thing is if that it is not working.  You need to say straight away.  Ground rules as they say.  Should say that, please ask first  You seem a intelligent smart lady and the attitude of the therapist is all wrong.  I can imagine you felt annoyed and upset.  They are here to listen support you not the other way..  I find the therapy I had some good some bad and some never believed a me any way.

They were the ones that got to me the non believers.  Had no life or experience sitting in their power suit and clothes thinking there better than you.

I got a degree and I am the professional, I know what I am talking about.  You do not attitude.

Please be aware you can complain if the situations need to, I would just be upset myself if I had not been listened to.

Take one session at a time and also you write down anything you think went wrong or consider good.  I know they give you feedback, be honest.  I had the honesty to say that was a bad session and you are not helping.  Said how I felt.

Give you numbers to score one to ten. Ten being good one being really bad.

Please take care.  I am a humble old fashioned gentleman who respects you.  So please if you need to chat or talk am here to listen.

Try not to interrupt your friendships with the other ladies.

The One and Only Spiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes

Brightness