PIP Appeal Submission — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Appeal Submission

Audrey60
Audrey60 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi All

I have just about prepared my Submission for my PIP appeal, if my appeal is towards the end of March is there a specified timescale of sending the submission in, do I need to send it so many days in advance? It's all very stressful they do like to bombard you with things.

Thanks 

Audrey 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Audrey

Your submission should be with the tribunal no less than 7 days before your hearing

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Audrey60
    Morning CockneyRebel 

Thanks for that I had 5 days in my mind for some reason. I won't leave things as late as 7 days just wanted to know I still had a few days to check and double check everything.

Audrey 
  • Audrey60
    Hi All

Great news, my appeal was due to be heard this coming Tuesday. However I have had a call this morning from the DWP saying not to attend as they are changing their mind.

This being due to receiving a copy of my submission and specifically seeing the extra evidence from my GP. They have said I am to get enhanced rate for both and money owed back-dated. They are sending a letter out second class so should be with me thru the week. 

As I have zero trust in the DWP my question is if I don't turn up at the tribunal on Tuesday can I actually believe the DWP having only taken a phone call and have nothing in writing? How shall I proceed? Obviously if it is true what they say then I am delighted

Thanks
    Audrey 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Audrey

You can ring the tribunal clerk as a precaution.
    And a cautious well done

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Audrey60
    Afternoon CockneyRebel,

Excellent news, I rang the tribunal service and it's true the DWP have pulled out and decided to award enhanced rate for both. I feel vindicated!

May I add I used your formula for the appeal process and it has certainly worked for me this time as well.

Many, many thanks and I appreciate all your help.

Audrey 
  • Henry
    Henry Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    Hi  Madan.   Cpuld u please share   the appeals    procedures .
    HENRY
    British Veteran 
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done Audrey60

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.