Appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal

peterjacks01
peterjacks01 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Peter @peterjacks01, and a warm welcome to the community. You've found a safe place here, among friends, and we're very glad to have you with us.

Now, I am not a benefits advisor but we do have them and they will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Can you tell us a little more about yourself and about the problem I presume you're having with PIP? The more you tell us about your situation, the more easily we may find ways to help you;
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • Katy_Alumni
    Katy_Alumni Community member Posts: 60 Courageous
    Hi @peterjacks01, welcome to the online community!

As @JennysDad said above, if you could let us know what help or advice you are looking for surrounding PIP we can try and help you the best we can.

In the meantime, you can find out more about PIP here: https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/benefits/pip

Katy
  • peterjacks01
    hi thanks for your reply dwp are taking my motobilty car from me on 29th pf this month because my assessment said I wasn't as bad as I say this has happened to me twice now in 3 years after ive been to an appeal I get my car back but as you know it takes at least 6 months to win appeal the funny thing is I can barely walk an rely on my car to get me to hospital appointments which I have 3 a month and living with cancer its hard the funny thing is I tapped the assessment and cant belive the lies they have said tried to tell pip an dwp but its falling on deaf ears and cant afford to buy a car even tho is only going to be for about 6 months 
  • peterjacks01
    and thanks Richard 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi peter and welcome

Have you tried getting your MP involved ?

This is happening to far to many people and there seems to be a link between winning on appeal and then losing again when review comes around

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • peterjacks01
    yes mp involved but dwp don't seem bothered
  • CockneyRebel
    They really are unfeeling B*******s

I am sorry  I don't have an answer it is happening to far to many. I get really frustrated that I can do nothing to help.
    Is your MP active or just paying lip service ?

CR
  • peterjacks01
    don't know she said she was sending a support letter but don't know if shes sent it yet as cant get hold of her
  • peterjacks01
    what I cant get my head round is I have the assessment tapped an he said he ask questions about walking which he never did an that I use public transport well haven't got on a bus since I was about 12
  • CockneyRebel
    other than going through the normal MR and appeal routes, keep trying to get your MP to do their job is all I can suggest

CR
  • Hoops1965
    Hoops1965 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi Peter I’m with you my assessor was the same his laptop kept freezing and he didn’t ask me about all the things that I put down on my claim form said I showed no signs of anxiety even though I broke down in tears it took 4 months for a reply from my MR letter to be told that I still won’t get pip and yet again I’ve contacted the dwp regarding my high blood pressure and the fact I’m on 4 tablets a kidney transplant patient and recently had a quadruple heart bypass op was not mentioned on the MR letter either this a very flawed system 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.