When did the premium get introduced? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When did the premium get introduced?

Options
whistles
whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
I started ESA 2014 and I was already on DLA care and mob.
Just wondering when they fazed it in?
Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi whistles,

The premiums have been included in income-related ESA ever since ESA came into being. 
    The problem is those who were on IB were converted to ESA contribution based and income-related assessments weren't considered in a lot of cases when it may be that you could have been entitled to income-related ESA as well as contribution based from the beginning.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• whistles
    Options
    They back paid the premiums they owed me to their visit, seven weeks before in 2015. Never even heard of them.

I was on ESA from moving from IS in 2014, just curious if they've underpaid me and not checked? 

If they made their own systems simpler.  :)
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Currently DWP are only giving back pay to 21 october 2014 to those who qualify.
    If think that you have been under paid then best to take your paperwork to CAB

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • whistles
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Had to hunt for this thread.

Since losing care part of pip, I lost the sdp that I had no idea was linked at the time. So if I should have had it from day one I will chase them up. Things are tight now.
    I think I need an ESA3 form if they won't sort over the phone. 
    It definately says Income Related amount and I was never on IB just IS and SDA.
    I will try ringing again. Everytime I get on hold for longer than 15 minutes I've forgotten who I was calling.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.