How to mend the gaps in my work life? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How to mend the gaps in my work life?

Boo
Boo Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Haven't worked for 3yrs and been placed in the support group for esa, I only get £15.60 a week,but I don't know how I'm supposed to do,as I can't work to mend the gaps in my work life as I have always had to stop because of arms,? And illnesses ?? Will it always be this much because of gabs sorry so long and thankyou for letting me join,

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Boo and welcome to the community. Very glad you have found us.
    I'm not able to advise on benefit issues, but we have a number of people here who can and they will be along to chat with you in due course.
    Please bear with us and, in the meanwhile, perhaps tell us more about yourself and your situation. The more we know, the more easily we may be able to help you.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • Boo
    Hi thankyou for getting back to me,I suffer with fibromyalgia ,chron ch pain, chronic fatigue and hyperjoint mobility syndrome which affects all my joints and muscles,blind in the right eye,and waiting for test for ms, .Not a lot really lol,my husband went pertinent to help me and works 15hrs a week,they said we are not entitled to anything,so I then had a interview with them ,and then had a letter telling me we are intailed to £15.60?But never heard an off my original claim for me? thankyou
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Boo and thank you for responding. I have flagged your post for the attention of our benefit advisors and hope they will soon get back to you.
    In the meantime you might like to have a look at the category/forum for 'Dealing with Chronic Pain' here: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/chronicpain
    This should take you to advice posts and conversations by others with similar conditions, which you can either simply read through or join in with.
    As I said, someone should be in touch with you soon about the benefits element of your question, so bear with us and don't hesitate to get back in touch if you think there is anything you think we might be able to help you with.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Boo and welcome

Try putting your details into one of the online benefit calculators

Have you applied for PIP ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Boo
    Yes I get pip ,thanks,

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi Boo,

I'm with CR on this one. I can't provide an exact calculation for you without all the figures of household income/capital, but you can do the calculations yourself online https://www.entitledto.co.uk/ https://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou

Aside from this, benefits to consider are:-

Personal Independence Payment - if you are struggling with your Daily Living/mobility needs https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-self-test

Carer's Allowance - if you are receiving PIP Daily Living, and your partner's income is less than £116/week he could claim Carer's Allowance, although this would be deducted from your ESA...

Housing Benefit/ Council Tax Support - from your local council - the amount would depend on your other benefits, the type of tenancy, and where you live.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

• Boo
    Hi been on the calculator and it says that i should be on an extra £100 aweek ,heads hurting now lol really confused??

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    In which case please seek advice and assisstance from CAB
    ( Not for hurting head :) )

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Boo
    Will do first thing tomorrow thankyou so much

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.