Help with brain AVM and getting PIP for my dad — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with brain AVM and getting PIP for my dad

aosman1
aosman1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello,

I am trying to help with my dad who has a brain AVM and has been treated by the gamma knife. Since having this he has lots of mini seizures which effects one side of his body and his speech. He usally has them through the night which mean in the morning he is unable to get out of bed and changed.

He is self employed and is mostly unable to attend work which is really affecting his life mentally.

He  applied for PIP a couple of years ago but was denied it. He did not apeal it as I think it was a bit soul destroying when he has worked all his life.

Sorry I have  gone on but really need some advice on what to do as I am very worried about him. I am going to make a new claim but I don’t understand how it can keep getting denied when he is unable to work? 

Many Thanks

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello aosman and welcome

Have a look at the B&W self test then come back with any questions

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • aosman1
    aosman1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for this! I find it hard to fill out because when he has his seizures he can’t make food, wash or walk but the next day he may be able to try these things. He hasn’t been out the house for the past 5 weeks because he feels so weak but then soon he may have a week where he feels a bit better to go for a walk. So I’m not sure what to put, and if I should fill it out to when he is at his worst? He is also now suffering with copd and has problems with his lungs but waiting for his consultant meeting on the 3rd for the results so this is also effecting him badly. Many Thanks
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You could try keeping a diary of how he is over a month to give you a better picture

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.