tribunal tomorrow — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

tribunal tomorrow

rachel25
rachel25 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
I have waited 5 months for a tribunal, my needs have changed since the decision was made that I only scored 5 points. Should I mention it tomorrow ? For example I never needed help with my bills untill the past 5 months as my money has been stopped so she manages my bills now and helps me out. Will I have to do a new claim or what happens? Any advice would be great please. I am terrified. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi rachel and welcome

The tribunal can only consider how you were at the time of the decision, they cannot take into account any new conditions
    It is best not to mention any new conditions but if you are unhappy with the result you can use them for a change of circumstance if you receive an award or a new claim if you don't

I wish you the best of luck

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • rachel25
    rachel25 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Thank you, just no that's going to be brought up tomorrow. Fingers crossed
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Hi @rachel25

Ive recently had mine too and they kept focussing on what I was like at the date of the claim 

However they could clearly see I was uncomfortable and distressed so if you end up in tears you're only human and I'm sure they are used to the avoidable stress each claimant has gone through 

3 mature men were questioning me and were very respectful however the one man I did not expect to question me most was the disability man 

Just be as honest as you can but you may want to make notes - I forgot things I wanted to say bc I had already given permission for someone to speak on my behalf but they insisted I answered which upset me so I am still dwelling on questions and answers bc I was emotional throughout the whole thing 

I hope you have good representation or request an adjournment so you can get the right help and support bc it will make a difference 

I hope you share your experience too bc it helps others to know what to expect 

Best of luck for tomorrow and your health in future 

JiW
  • Colourfull
    Colourfull Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    Hi Rachel 25,

The Best of luck for Tommorow.

Colourfull.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Good Luck Rachel25,
    Lrt us know how it goes please.

Susan
  • charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    Well done Rachel, so pleased for you.
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Very pleased for you

Give it a few days then ring DWP to make sure they have a copy of the decision

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news Rachel,

be your relived, great to have positive news x
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Glad to hear your positive outcome 
  • Colourfull
    Colourfull Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    Great Well Done Rachael.

Colourfull.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.