Torture — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Torture

charlene
charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
will this torture never end!  Received a brown envelope from DWP!,  steeled myself up, telling myself I am a big girl and can deal with this.  My stomach churned over and I felt very sick.  Opened the envelop only to read it is about something else not PIP.  Arrrgggghhhhhh!!
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Comments

• louise91
    louise91 Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    At least I'm not the only one who dreads the postman coming, its awful!! 
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    i always dread brown envelopes coming through the door.  
  • charlene
    No Louise, looks as there could be many of us.  The way I viewed it, it could have been a poisonous snake .
  • charlene
    Hello Deb. The other brown envelop actually informed me I was due to extra money.  Just came at the wrong time,, well I think you know what I mean.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited March 2018
    We fellow Scope members, I suffer with this and have diagnosis confirmed by my GP, It's labeled as having the DWP (brown envelope syndrome) and it's very dangerous to your health. 

If these envelopes are exposed to your eyes it will have a knock on effect and is very detrimental to your health. It Should come with a health warning. Also to note there's no cure or Medicine that will help with this issues we face. 

I dread my postie and I have told him in the past it's not your fault and your a nice fella lol.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• charlene
    Never did before this pip assessment.  I have always, as much as I could be, in control of my life.  There is part of me which feels like saying, take your money, get out of my life!
  • Barbiesnemesis
    Barbiesnemesis Community member Posts: 86 Pioneering
    Upon my mat
    Did land today
    An envelope
    Of brown
    Not grey
    Or white
    Oh the fright
    DWP
    Please LEAVE ME BE!
  • charlene
    We should all write to DWP, and tell them to Pip Of!!!
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Charlene 
    i feel exactly the same, I said to my friend yesterday to call them and say to stop both benefits.
    i can’t stand it anymore 
    the constant worry and anxiety.
    my friend didn’t do it as I will, like most , lose everything I worked hard for.
    i don’t actually care anymore if I do, just to get peace 
  • Barbiesnemesis
    @charlene and susan48 - I'd love to be able to tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine! What with losing the mortgage interest support and waiting for my appeal date for PIP I'm just getting so low.
  • charlene
    I am so sorry Susan, it is dreadful what people are all going through, just so this government can save very little money. They should go after the bankers, but of course they won't after all mr May is a banker!
  • charlene
    Barbenemeses thoughts are with you. I have never in my life despised  an organisation like I despise this can of worms!
  • Barbiesnemesis
    Thanks Charlene. I can't stop crying today. I've tried to do the right thing with my mortgage people to get a new lower rate and they keep saying different things. One told me to ring on the 1st of March, another the 20th March, and now its the 1st April I have to ring back. Just hope its not some sick joke given the last date!
  • charlene
    I had problems years ago paying the mortgage but thankfully the house is now paid for.  Sure you are Doing right trying for a new lower rate.  Would changes mortgage providers help you?
  • susan48

Charlene, thanks you for your continued support, this is a life line this site.

Barbiesnemisis - I to have had issues regarding mortgages, thankfully mine is small but I did try to find another mortgage issuer, big NO CHANCE, do not work so cant change mortgage lender.

Seems everywhere you turn there are worries.

Again, who would chose this "life" , answer -  NOBODY

• susan48

Barbiesnemisis - hopefully you can get something sorted out with your mortgage, telling them is the start.

X

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    I had two browns on one day and I shouldn't receive anything else for two years. 
    I'm not doing the MR because I agree with the assessor, I actually don't qualify.
    But what I will do is gather evidence for the review. I only had two weeks to get the forms in by the time they actually arrived. I asked for an extension because it was also Christmas and people were not available to get letters off of.

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • charlene
    Wow, that is a double whammy! I think that is a good idea collecting and keeping als much relevant information as possible. Without becoming paranoid, that is exactly what I will do.

• sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    @Governments_A_Joke Lol

I also suffer from BES but my GP thinks I have the more chronic version as I tend to leave the envelopes unopened and hide them as just the sight of them gives me flare ups.  I'm going to ask if there is any counseling available for this horrible infliction. 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited March 2018
    sleepy1 said:
    @Governments_A_Joke Lol

I also suffer from BES but my GP thinks I have the more chronic version as I tend to leave the envelopes unopened and hide them as just the sight of them gives me flare ups.  I'm going to ask if there is any counseling available for this horrible infliction. 

@sleepy1 very true I get that to from BES, as I mentioned above my GP said there definitely is no cure for this illness, and the only thing he could offer is join a group called ESA ( Envolope syndrome Association ) I was a little worried regarding joining it as I had to contact these below.

Even calling and having meetings with these fools, the best I or we could hope for is being placed in the exempt category?

So it looks like we all have to cope the best we can and try and take deep breaths in between receiving the next batch of

(BES)
    known as Brown envolope syndrome.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Brightness