Mandatory Reconsideration and SAR — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory Reconsideration and SAR

kah22
kah22 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
As mentioned in previous posts I’m helping my GF with her DLA to PIP application. The result should be in soon and having read quite a bit about PIP I’ll not be surprised if she has to do an MR

She won’t let me seek a SAR until her brown letter arrives.

Perhaps you can clarify the following. Assuming she goes for a MR and sends a letter off requesting her SAR, is there a given timetable for her to receive the information ie must be done within ‘x’ days ? I feel the SAR will be pretty important as it was a paper based assessment for her Bipolar

If she writes to Capita and tell them she’s requesting her SAR will the normal timetable of 30 days to submit your MR information be extended? Is this a ‘must’ or something that’s really up to Capita?

What does she say to Capita if requesting an extension on a MR?

Kevin 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    HI Kevin

normally a SAR can take up to 40 days
    More important is to request a copy of the assessment report which will show you the areas that need to be addressed. This you can request within a couple of days

CR 
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • kah22
    HI Kevin

normally a SAR can take up to 40 days
    More important is to request a copy of the assessment report which will show you the areas that need to be addressed. This you can request within a couple of days

CR 
    Thanks for the reply. I assume that the request, in my case, goes to the DfC N.I.

Is there a template for this letter

Thanks
    Kevin

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You can make the request on the phone but we often hear that in NI reports are not sent until the decision is made. This is B***S*** the rules on this are the same

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • kah22
    Back again. My girlfriend has received a text from DfC her in NI informing her that

‘We've received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we've made a decision on your PIP. As a guide you should hear from us within 4 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.’

It was a PBA should I now contact them and ask for the assessors report. What information do I need to supply, or is it just suffice to give name, address and NI number?  As the above was a text message can I just reply to it and ask for the assessors report to be posted to her?

Now the application is with the decision maker should I as for her SAR or hold back until there is a decision made; again can this be done via the text address they are using to contact her?

Thanks for any advice you can offer

Kevin
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hello Kevin

There is no harm in requesting  a copy of the medical assessment now.  It is best to do this in writing, and keep a copy of the letter in case your request goes missing or you need to chase the request up as you have had no response. You simply write to PIP, put your girlfriends NINo as reference, with her full name and address, and ask that a copy of the medical assessment be sent to her. Hopefully you will not need to pursue a MR, but if you do then it is very useful to have this report. 

Good luck

Maria

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.