Failed pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Failed pip tribunal

paul67
paul67 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello all called pip today reference  rescent  tribunal  in Glasgow  to increase pip award, been informed they have not incresed  level find  this difficult to believe  with the information  supplied 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @paul67, and welcome to the community. So sorry to hear about your experience, do you want to tell us some more about it?
  • BlakeAZPettitt
    BlakeAZPettitt Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    I don't get how this works I find it strange that isn't it government that decides if you get Pip or not if they say no it goes to a tribunal so a Court sees it. isn't the court part of the government and more likely to side with them? I may be way off but not sure how it works
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    The tribunal is independent, usually a doctor, judge and disability person, if I’m correct.
    hense why 69% of tribunals win.
    the tribunal is recorded.
    they ask questions and you answer, I’d advise just answer the question asked 
  • paul67
    Hell and thanks for reading  post so been though  process up to tribunal  .first tribunal was adjourned  as there was no medical  records and was a rep from dwp that suggested we stop as i didnt have a rep.

Second tribunal was hard work judge was asking medical  questions  and getting very agitated  that i replied.as am a vetran and was represented  by ssafa rep from cab judge was focused on my military service. 
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hopefully you won the tribunal paul67,
    did the judge think your service was why you were appealing?? You should speak again to your rep to see if they think taking it to upper tribunal is possible 
  • paul67
    Didnt win  still waiting on letter looking at either setting aside  or upper tribunal  if error in law.rep felt that judge was as i thought, on offensive  from start and he has been at a  alot of tribunals he says this was questioned  me hard . Ecen tough 2 letters from my Gp, Neurological  consultant and full spine mri and knee reports .
  • paul67
    And the fact we use term win and lose is wrong seems we go along to these tribunals to prove we arent lying.shouldnt feel or be this way .
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi paul and welcome

Was this a reveiw or a change from DLA ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • paul67
    Claim for pip  from  back and knee injury last june
  • CockneyRebel
    Ah ok so this was a new claim
    Do you have an award in payment, if so how long ?

CR
  • paul67
    Yes 8 for living 4 mobility  since October 
  • CockneyRebel
    That is a ****
    when is your reveiw date ?

CR
  • paul67
  • CockneyRebel
    I wish you the best of luck getting a set aside
    only other thing I can think of is if you have a new or worstened condition put in a change of circumstance

CR
  • paul67
    Thanks    Suppose  change of circumstances is an  option .see how things pan out

Paul

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.