Are there any funds available to help with back to work costs — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are there any funds available to help with back to work costs

Options
SweetPepper
SweetPepper Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2018 in Work and employment
 Hi, I have been looking for a job (independently as I have been too scared to go to the job centre to ask for help in case it resulted in them changing my benefits or being forced to do a job I don’t want)

Anyway, I should be about to offered one, they are just waiting on references. So I was wondering if anyone knew of any funds or grants they would help with getting work clothes. I haven’t worked for over 10 years so I don’t have much that is suitable and things seem quite expensive making it difficult to afford anything on my current budget, most of which is taken up by care charges and bills.

Also does anyone know if Access to work still exists for help with getting to and from work?

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @SweetPepper, and welcome to the community!

Congratulations on hopefully being offered a job! I hope we can help: I've moved this post into our ask an employment advisor category where they'll hopefully be able to advise further. 

In the meantime, you can find information about the Access to Work scheme and how to apply by visiting this gov.uk page.
  • Rian_Alumni
    Rian_Alumni Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    Options
    Good Afternoon @SweetPepper

I am Rian from Scope Support to Work 

I know if you are looking for clothing for work or for interview i would advise you to contact companies such as Dress for success who are based in London and Manchester. which may not be suitable for you also they are targeted towards women, if you are a man i would suggest contacting  Suited and Booted.

here are the Websites you could look at to be able to help you.

www.suitedbootedcentre.org.uk

www.dressforsuccess.org

I hope you find this useful 

Kind Regards 

Rian 

Rian
    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: supporttowork@scope.org.uk
    www.scope.org.uk/supporttowork
  • SweetPepper
    SweetPepper Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi Rian.

I’m in Leeds so not sure either could help. But thank you for the links.

Brightness