Benefits Help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefits Help

Options
daisy208
daisy208 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
HI everyone 
My partner is the one suffering with MS and is still currently working full time but the ms is starting to cause problems for him now and he's realised that he can't carry on working much longer as even getting up and dressed in the morning is a challenge for him these days. I was wondering if anyone could point us in the right direction as to what benefits he'd be eligible for and which organisations would help us get it sorted. It's breaking my heart to see him like this and I'd like to tell him how and where he can get help with benefits from.  
Thanks in advance of any responses 

Daisy

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Daisy,
    sorry to here your husband isn’t so good.
    have you looked at the benefits calculator to see what help you can receive?
  • daisy208
    Options
    Hi Susan 
    No I've not tried the benefits calculator yet. He was only diagnosed over a year ago so it's all new to is and I'm still trying to get my head around it to help him as best I can. He's a fighter and a very proud man if you know what I mean. But I'll give it a look tomorrow thanks for the advice.

Thanks Daisy 
  • susan48
    Options
    Hi daisy208,
    i can understand how he feels, being proud.
    i was so ashamed of not being able to work and claiming benefits.
    its a good calculator, definitely will give you peace of mind, if nothing else.
    you could also try CAB or if there’s a MS charity near to you.
    its worth a phone call.
    good luck and let us know how you get on 

Susan
  • daisy208
    Options
    Thanks for the advice Susan and I'll let you know how we get on. Believe it or not I actually feel a bit more positive now about finding out about the benefits he could be entitled to. Thanks again and take care.
    Cheers daisy x
  • susan48
    Options
    Daisy208,
    im glad your feeling a bit more positive, hopefully it will ease some worry.

Glad I could actually help a bit.

You take care too.

Susan

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.