Pip results — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip results

Options
charlene
charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
pop out to see the doctor, taking with me page of pip assessment. Reading through it agreed all of that  can not be detected by me sitting in chair.  Did a few exercises for her, and  the results are on my record, contradicts assessors report.

came home and there on the door mat, was the brown envelope.  I have been awarded enhanced care and only 4 points for mobility.  Phoned DWP and a MR has been set up. Also put in a complaint regarding the Atos HP.  There are a number of things I am complaining about but the main one was aggressive prompting.  Am I right though, I have a year to complain about the Atos HP .
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @charlene well done on the Enhanced award, the mobility side I know it's not what you've hoped for also depends how long you was awarded Enhanced daily living, it depends whether it's worth fighting it.

As you may know they may well look at the whole award again I know your upset about the mobility side and I can't blame you if yo feel you have to fight it then so be it.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There is no time limit to make a complaint about HCP, however it will do no harm to complain and make a note to that effect with your MR

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    So are you saying that your final award contradicts the assessor report? 
    My assessor gave me more points than the dm. 

Are you on ESA? Don't forget that holds hands with the care and you could be entitled to the premium which is actually more than you get with enhanced mobility. 
    I know this because they said ta we are taking that off you as well.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • charlene
    Options
    Hi Whistles, no.  DWP went along with the assessor.  Obviously DWP,  do not check information provided as DWP is also saying, no significant pain relief.   I am on 2 tramadoll (50mg) x 4 dail, with 2 paracetamol.
  • charlene
    Options
    CockneyRebel, the case manager, in her summing up says, she cannot consider awarding pip for  walking on slopes or uneven surfaces. I thought I had read different, that they were to take  into account different surfaces.
  • whistles
    Options
    Hi 
    The more I read the more I realise I was very lucky to get a good assessor who did read everything.
    He was a paramedic so knew what the meds were already.
  • charlene
    Options
    Mine was a nurse, don't know what grade, but obviously don't know her meds.
  • charlene
    Options
    Can't believe how calm I am, maybe the calm before the storm! 
  • whistles
    Options
    They don't give you long enough for the MR. My award letter took two weeks and the assessors report another week.
    It should at least be six weeks to do things, making it actually four.
  • charlene
    Options
    Hello Govermentisajoke.  I have been given the award for 2 years.
  • charlene
    Options
    Hi Whistles had picked up bad vibes at assessment so have been preparing ever since for MR.

will get someone at doctors to print out today's examination by doctor.  Also picked up letter from sister-in-law backing up my mobility and mental health problems.  Getting a bit angry now, part of my problem is the assessor and case manager not reading my prescription wrongly.
  • CockneyRebel
    Options
    charlene said:
    CockneyRebel, the case manager, in her summing up says, she cannot consider awarding pip for  walking on slopes or uneven surfaces. I thought I had read different, that they were to take  into account different surfaces.
    Moving around activity for PIP is on flat, level ground. Slopes, steps, rough ground and kerbs don't exist in DWP land

CR
  • charlene
    Options
    In a way I have to smile.  First obstacle for me  is a sloping pavement in front my car
  • charlene
    Options
    Hi Whistles, the lady at DWP who set up the MR, said it was a month from today, I had to get evidence in.
  • CockneyRebel
    Options
    MR's have to be received by DWP within a month of the date of your decision letter

CR
  • charlene
    Options
    Thanks CockneyRebel. I was told a month from today, so I have nearly lost a week already.  

Tomorrow, I will get more supporting evidence, I had made arrangements to meet the person next Thursday but will ring tomorrow and if they are free will meet up with them.
  • whistles
    edited March 2018
    Options
    charlene said:
    Moving around activity for PIP is on flat, level ground. Slopes, steps, rough ground and kerbs don't exist in DWP land

CR
    Yes I got told stairs are outside the scope of pip. 
    I can't recall if DLA included that as I was low mobility anyway.
  • CockneyRebel
    Options
    charlene said:
    Thanks CockneyRebel. I was told a month from today, so I have nearly lost a week already.  

Tomorrow, I will get more supporting evidence, I had made arrangements to meet the person next Thursday but will ring tomorrow and if they are free will meet up with them.
    If you are struggling to get relevant evidencein time, you can and should tell them that you will be supplying further evidence and not to complete the MR until received. Sometimes they will wait

CR
  • whistles
    Options
    For me they want proof of memory issues. That's very hard to prove because there isn't actually a definitive test for this. It relies on a few tests yes, but mainly your gp and other people's input. 
    My gp is aware of my memory issues but, wouldn't know how that transfers into my day, anymore than I realise how you guys manage our don't manage your day.
    If I stuff up my appointment they know.

My memory got me the sack!!
  • whistles
    Options
    My conditions have memory issues as a side effect written in the medical books. But they wanted proof that this applied to me because not everyone will have the same symptoms and side effects.
    That's what stumped me.

I hope by dropping my doseage, I will lose some of the side effects that outweigh what they are meant to solve.

I wish you luck.
    Let us know how you do.

Brightness