Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Want to give us your opinion? Complete our annual survey.

Esa medical

KorrinaKorrina Member Posts: 12 Listener
I have to attend was medical on 13 April  ,I'm so stressed out worrying about this at the moment im in support group .I have chronic sciatica back pain and arthritis in my hip i also suffer with depression ..I know from previous experience that they take no notice of anything you say to them .can anyone tell me how to cope with this again please 

Replies

• lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 458 Pioneering
    I was first assessed in 2014 and put into work group.
    after a phone call from myself and a letter they overturned it without a MR.
      Today just received my confirmation letter to say I was still in support group.
        They do take notice of you ( some don’t admittingly)
    if it doesn’t work out well, do what I did and telephone & write . It sure did the trick with me
  • debkenzodebkenzo Member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    Dear Korrina
    Go in there and show them just how bad you are when on a bad day.  
    I wish you all the luck and justification that we all deserve! :)

• ColourfullColourfull Member Posts: 59 Courageous
    Hi Corrine,

If possible take your letters from doctor hospital with you it gives proof that you do have the Conditions you say you do like I did.

Hope it all works out for you.

Colourfull.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,805 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2018
    It’s unlikely they’ll be disputing the diagnosis so medical evidence will be of limited use. Best advice is not to answer “Yes I can do x but...”. All they’ll hear is “Yes...”.

Far better to consider whether you can do what they’re asking either repeatedly or in a work context. “Yes... but” answers then become “No I can’t do that repeatedly/safely in a work context because...”

Take someone with you to calm you on the day.
Sign in or join us to comment.