DLA.... going through change to PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA.... going through change to PIP

Options
Henry
Henry Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
Yesterday  morning  I  received  a letter from Disability living allowance   to  tell me that  I am still entitled to middle rate of care and mobility allowance .   I  phoned  them.  They informed me that it  shall  be  that  way  until  the Decision is made  on PIP.    
All   paper work  is now  with the  decision maker at  DWP .
I   await   with  interest   what  they  decide. 
It  shall  be  aye  or  nay.

Comments

• billcov1
    billcov1 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    my wife went through this day before her face to face she was admitted to hospital they phoned me and said they would do it over the phone 

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello to all members moving from DLA to PIP, please remember that the two benefits use a different criteria when score awarding your benefit. DLA is about disability whereas PIP is about your abilities hence the wording in the application form. Don't be surprised if you lose part of you DLA when moving to PIP mobility seems  and apears to be the main losers. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.