Typing up MR — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Typing up MR

charlene
charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering

Have decided to type up my MR, as I could no longer focus on all those pieces of paper! Not only that I can keep going back when refreshed and finding my place quiet easily.  Found I was always mislaying papers etc.

Just wondering can this be used against me?  There is a template for a MR form on DWP website, so surely if they provide a template, it shouldn't go against me .....

I think I will be going out to a coffee morning, have had quiet a restless nights sleep, and am really fed up with myself and of course all this form filling..

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Charlene,
    im not sure if it would go against you, it didn’t for me.
    i typed my letter to the tribunal, which they had at the hearing, typing/using a computer etc was not brought up.
    maybe I was lucky, if you can call it that, 
    who knows what goes for or against you?
    x
  • charlene
    Thanks Susan, mind you I think I have come to a point of sad you. Got up at 6 o'clock as I couldn't sleep, and I was more or less straight on the computer, beginning my MR.

just returned from coffee morning, which did me the world of good, but left early, as not really feeling that well.  About to have a sleep, so might feel differently afterwards.  

Thanks for for setting my mind at rest or nearly lol.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Anything you can do to make your appeal as simple to understand as possible is good.
    Typing makes it readable
    Dont waffle on, make it relevant, lead the reader to the evidence that shows you meet the criteria, anything else is not going to help

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • susan48
    Charlene,
    sorry I can give you a straight answer but we all know it depends on WHO I’d assessing etc as to what they interpret.
    wrong but that’s how they operate, just to score less points, my opinion anyway.
    hope you manage to rest.
    i got new stronger sleeping tablets yesterday but scared to take them unless I have someone stay with me, mybe tonight.
    glad you were out and chatting earlier.
    enjoy your nap 
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Shouldn't go against. If writing is a struggle for some of us why shouldn't we type. 
    I struggled to write to my gp. 

I was about to stop myself writing something silly then decided to include it anyway.
    How are you typing it?  :) Do they still make typewriters. Sorry. State of my brain!
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • debkenzo
    debkenzo Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    Hi Charlene.  I had help to type out all my correspondence to every department in the last 6 years. I also typed out all answers for my claim forms etc and made the font small to fit the small spaces that the forms provide.  You can fit more words on!  Had fun printing off and cutting out my answers and it's amazing how prittstick comes in handy.  Typing out all these things has never gone against me and I believe it makes it easier for the 'monsters' to read your information.   :)
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It is acceptable to add typed sheets to the back of the forms rather than trying to fit the boxes. reference to the attached sheets in the boxes. Each sheet should have you name, and NI. they should also be number ie. ! of 10, 2 of 10 etc.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • charlene

Thankyou everyone, I don't know how I would manage without your support!  I have nearly finished my MR, and have found it so much easier to type than hand write my grievances

I am looking at this in the long term, the reasons I am giving for a change of decision, will be the core of my appeal if I have to go to Tribunal.

LOL Whistles, I am not sure if they still make typewriters.  I am fortunate I have had a computer for about 20 years.  I love the mobile phone and ipad, but I love my computer even more.

I used to design web sites for people and also created my own moving or non moving graphics.  That was many moons ago, but I still have frontpage, dreamweaver and photoshop on my computer:)  Maybe, maybe one day I will use them again...

• debkenzo
    Charlene, If the 'monsters' ask if YOU did ALL the typing, tell them NO!  You had someone to help with the typing. :)
  • debkenzo
    It will definitely go against you if they think you can sit at a computer for any length of time and type! :)
  • charlene

Hello Susan, I really enjoyed my few hours of freedom.  I was talking to a lady I have known for a few years.  She was a manager of an elderly peoples home, and now retired.

I happened to mentioned my Pip assessment, and said I was asking for a MR. and needed letters to back up my claim. She agreed to write me a letter backing up my claims re walking etc.  She even said about me using my wheelchair when bad.  She remembered but I didn't lol, normally I will only my wheelchairs for hospital visits or when I am desperate.

I couldn't believe my good fortunate, she said she will have it ready for me tomorrow.

• charlene

Typing is in my DNA.  I was taught to touch type, at senior school when I was about 13.

• whistles
    edited March 2018
    I guess computers come with printers. I don't have one so I tend to forget how things get done. 

See it doesn't ask you in the descriptors if you can type or write it asks if you can communicate verbally. I can be easily be talked over and my voice sites the shell that good old fashioned paper provides my voice.
    I used to write and publish poetry, but I have lost all that now.
  • susan48
    Charlene,
    thats great news, more evidence and support.
    typing is so much easier, sometimes I can’t even read my mixed up writing, notes to myself!!
    Not much hope for anyone else trying to read it.

When people use a keyboard it is about knowing unconsciously where letters are on the keyboard,if that actually makes since?.

i know what I mean in my head but sometimes find it hard to get that across x
  • whistles
    I tried giving my head away, nobody wanted it.  :)
  • susan48
  • charlene
    I was taught touch typing.  All the keys were blanked out.  I don't need to look at a keyboard, years of typing have ingrained it on my muscle power.
  • charlene
    Sorry muscle memory.
  • susan48
    Charlene,
    thats what I was trying to say re touch typing, 
    nit good at explaining.
    like numbers on a keyboard are in my automatic response, used to use it every day for 10 years.
    somethings don’t leave you even when you can’t reme your posts on here !
  • charlene
    Lol good thing there is such as thing as automatic pilot.  I certainly spend over half of my life depending on it.

Brightness