Hi, my name is jaynec! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is jaynec!

jaynec
jaynec Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have read some of the terrible dissabilitys that a lot of you have and still had to go through the awful process of a tribunal my heart goes out to you all. My dissabilitys seem minor compared to some of you. 
I have osteoporosis arthritis in my knees in which I have had a full knee replacement in my right knee in Jan 2016 and need a replacement in my left knee I also have it in my ankles and the start of it in my right hip and lower back. This has had a devastating effect on my quality of life has I used to love going long walks,gardening,cooking and was able to do all my household duties without help I of course can no longer do any of these things. I can with difficulty and assistance from my husband do a weekly shop at the supermarket but suffer terrible pain for the rest of the day. However I am lucky that my husband now retired does almost everything for me including the cooking,however I pay a cleaner to do some of the housework once a week and my husband does the rest of it. I was awarded p.i.p in October 2015 after a reconsideration thanks to the letter my consultant wrote in my support. However I received a letter from D.W.P in August 2017 requesting me to fill in an enclosed form telling them how my dissabilitys were affecting me,I duly responded stating that I was still suffering a lot of pain in my right knee in spite of the operation and that my legs swells when I have a flare up and that that I have difficulty sleeping and I suffer pain more now than before. However they wrote to me to advise I would have to go for a face to face where the so called health professional deemed my arthritis had improved and that I could walk 500mtrs which is a total lie and I do not know how she could come to this conclusion has she has no proof of this and clearly disregarded all the evidence they already had on file.
i applied for a reconsideration which was refused and the reasons given were totally inaccurate. I don't know what to do now as I can't get help to fill in the forms and my GP said he would have to charge me £25:00 for a letter that consisted of 2 lines. I cannot go through the process of a tribunal has I destroyed the refusal letter as I thought it to be a waste of time going to tribunal based on the lies that the health professional had put in her report. Has anyone got any advice or suggestions please.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @jaynec and welcome to the community. We're very glad to have you, very sorry to hear of your pain and your troubles with PIP. 
    I'm not qualified to advise on PIP, but we have plenty of people here who are and who will no doubt respond to you as soon as they can. Bear with us, in the meantime.
    Your condition has serious consequences for yourself, and that is all that matters to us here. Coming to terms with the often dramatic changes in lifestyle by which many of our members are affected is an enormous task and one in which everyone here would want to support you.
    You have found a safe and friendly space. Don't hesitate to make use of it or to get back to us with any questions.
    Very warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello jaynec and welcome

unfortunately this is far to common.

You have three choices
    1) do nothing and receive nothing

2) ask for a copy of the MR decision then appeal to the tribunal. Appeals do not have to be hard as you have already done most of the hard work

3) If you have no award in payment you can make a new application as there is no waiting time

There is lots of good info on here about the appeal process

The success at tribunal is aroung 69%. You do not need new evidence for an appeal, often it is not the evidence but the way it is read, or not. PIP is about how your functionality is affected medical evidence can only support the why so is of secondary importance

Have a look at the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

Then come back and we will try and help with what you decide to do

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jaynec

”Welcome”

Yes it’s becomeing fairy “common place” nowadays.

“PIP” is a completely different animal than “DLA”

We need to see what are the reasons why they are giving you “0 Points”  all off the time.

Knowing the “New Points System” is a “Must” before you can start filling in the forms.

There are/we have got online forms to try first before the “real thing”

Please please let me know if I can help you further with this??? 

Brightness