Hi, my name is tonimella! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is tonimella!

tonimella
tonimella Community member Posts: 10 Listener
I have narcolepsy, arthritis in my neck ,back, and toes,,I’ve had 3 bones in my toes relocated, and cannot walk now without extreme pain,,,I also have severe mental health and asthma,,I’ve been on dla for years and today p.i.p stopped my careers and mobility...are they on drugs or what,,,im also still in drug recovery and a registered alcoholic..I don’t know what to do.."just wanna die,,they ruined my life in 1 hour

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @tonimella and welcome to the community. I am profoundly sorry to hear that you are having such a tough time.
    I am not a benefits advisor myself, but we have some very good ones here and they will be in touch with you soon (I have referred them to your post). Bear with us if you possibly can and give us a chance to look carefully into this. Something must be possible that will be of help to you.
    I am concerned by your 'just wanna die' comment. You matter - to me, to us - so if you are feeling suicidal please ring the Samaritans for free on 116 123. If you believe you are a currently a danger to yourself, please visit your local hospital immediately. You DO matter. Try not to let these b******s harm you more than they have already.
    You could also contact the Scope helpline on 
    0808 800 3333, 9am to 5pm on weekdays, (closed bank holidays) or email helpline@scope.org.uk
    Here, listening,
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi tonimella and welcome

First was this a change from DLA or a reveiw ?

Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @tonimella

I'm really sorry to hear that you are struggling, and I hope we can support you with what you're going through. We do have a
     lot of useful information about appealing a DWP benefits decision and community members who give some great advice - please just let us know how we can support you.

I agree with what Richard has said: 
    If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.
  • tonimella
    I haven’t slept for three days coz of this ****,,apparently my youngest son told the benefit office I’m faking my mental health and narcolepsy he said I sell my medication and I own propert all over the world,,now whilst this is all bollox they have to investigate..REALLY.. I BEEN IN MENTAL HEALTH SINCE I WAS 9;’narcolepsy brought on through electric shock therapy at 10, and every penny I had I spent trying to get custody of my son coz his son was a sex offender,,they know all of this..seriously I know junkies on full everything,,disgusted..has any one else got a **** child
  • tonimella
    Lasian I called Samaritans at 3am they still havnt answered but please don't worry..im not suicidal just dealt lost am sorting it out I think..after all it's only money I guess..i got the minimum amount which is more than most..but do need care and mobility..may just get a skate board..
  • tonimella
    Jennysdad don't worry.sorry for worryi6you.i been trying to get through to Samaritans. No joy think I may actu6sleep now..
  • JennysDad
    Hello @tonimella and it is good to hear from you. Don't worry about my worrying :smile: You've got some good people here on your side now. And don't hesitate to be in touch - to update us, to rant, to chat or whatever you feel like.
    Like I said, you matter.
    Take care,
    Richard
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tonimella

Good Evening & Welcome!!!!

I’m very very sorry to hear about your current problems.

You have had some great “Help & Support” from our members.

Can I please please offer my “Help”

How are things currently???

Please please let me know if I can be off help???????

Thanks.
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @tonimella

Thank you for checking in with us! Have you been able to get through to the Samaritans or any other support since you posted?

Please do let us know if we can help or support you in any way, we're more than happy to help.
  • tonimella
    No Samaritans haven't answered..but got company today ..happy head on..x
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tonimella

I’m very very sorry that the Samaritans haven’t got back to you yet.

Please please let me know if I can help/support you instead???

I’m glad that you have got company today.

That will help you that for sure. 

Keep your our happy head on as it will also help in the long run.

Please please let me know how you feel.
  • JennysDad
    Hi @tonimella. Don't be afraid to get in touch with Samaritans again. I am sorry they've not got back to you, and it can only be that someone, somewhere has got their wires crossed.
    Best
    Richard

Brightness