Pip reconsideration notice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip reconsideration notice

wendy1966
wendy1966 Community member Posts: 32 Listener
Ok i had my pip back and decided to send it back for reconsideration . i rang on the 6th of march 
He said i have i month from then which was the letter date to send more evidence ... Then on the 19th of march gets a letter saying they have looked at it again and i had not issued any more evidence .so had come to the same conclustion and was not awarded anything .... My point is it has nor been one month ... Its not due till the 6th of april im still waiting for doc report .. WHAT DO I DO ...... ? 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi wendy

This is not unusual

You should get f2f advice from CAB or similar
    You could involve your local MP
    but
    You have two options
    You can send the new evidence and ask them to look at it again
    or
    You can start the appeal process which takes longer but has a much higher success rate

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wendy1966
    thankyou , i just feel like its a bit og a joke, ive been rushing my docs and trying to write a report of some discrepancies in the reports , and now im just mad, ive no idea what to do on the appeal process

• CockneyRebel
    Ah ok

So having been through assessment and MR you still do not have the award you deserve, the next step is to appeal to the independant tribunal.

If at all possible get f2f advice from CAB or similar

The first stage is to submit form SSCS1

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/689021/sscs1-eng.pdf

Fill in all sections of the form, at this stage you do not need to go into great detail, just the basic reasons for your appeal are sufficient. A more detailed submission should be done later.

It is always advisable to attend in person. Success rate is around 69%

You will then receive an acceptance letter from the tribunal

The DWP then have 28 days to prepare and submit their case and all the paperwork and evidence used in making their decision.

You will be sent a copy of this, known as the bundle.

Check that all your submitted evidence is included

Using the bundle now is the time to prepare your own submission referencing by page and paragraph where the evidence proves that you meet the descriptor and criteria for an award

You do not need further evidence to appeal but any new relevant evidence will help.

It can help to keep and submit a daily diary of how your functionality is affected

CR
  • wendy1966
    ok , i am currently waiting to see an orthapedic on tuesday re my shoulder which they seem to think i can use , i cant though , and they have contradictied themselves in the statements too, saying my hips had movement and then said i had limited movememnt , and i could get into and out of the shower , i never said i could at any point , i just feel a bit stressed with it all actually , and i thought cab  could not help with pip

• CockneyRebel
    Many welfare services are overloaded with requests so you may have a bit of a wait but CAB can and do help

Was this a new claim or a change from DLA ?
    sorry for the questions but the more we know the better we can point you in the right direction

CR
  • wendy1966
    no a new claim love, the trouble is i now have had the reconcideration notice , i only have 1month from 19th of march is that right or are they withing there rights to do the notice without my extra evidence and also before the 28 days are up ,, also in the notice i have things have bben brough up that wernt even in the first statment when they did not award it me

• CockneyRebel
    Hi wendy

In theory you have one month from the date of the decision letter
    DWP make up the rules but we don't always have to play by them. They will often carry out an MR as soon as they can and not wait. There is nothing stopping you sending your new evidence and asking for them to look again

Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report ?
    If not then you should ring and ask asap. This will show you how you were scored and the things that need to be addressed. Don't concentrate to much on the inaccuracies, any complaint if necessary should be a separeate matter

Have a look at the B&W self test, it is important to undertand the points system, descriptors and criteria for an award

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR

• wendy1966
    right thats what i will do as they should have allowed me til the 6th of april, and not the 19th of march, so i just send all the new eividence in and points why i think my points should have been higher , its just trying to understand why they contradict things they say and yes i have the assessmant report i think i got it back withthe points that it i think, i did the self assessment and actully scored 12 , but mobility what they gave me i scored myself nothing :neutral:
  • CockneyRebel
    edited March 2018
    The report is only sent if you ask for it. The decision letter will also have the points and the DM's comments but it is a different doc.

What is your current award ?
    also look at the end date and more important the review date

You still need to prepare to appeal as often MR is just a rubber stamp process

CR
  • wendy1966
    really i never knew that
    i got low rate mobility and end date is 2021.not sure if thats what you mean love

• CockneyRebel
    With an end date 2021 somewhere in the letter will be a review date.
    They will contact you in 2020 a year before the end date. This will bring a new decision which supercedes the one you have now

CR
  • wendy1966
    right it says ive been awarded till feb 2022 but will get hold of me to look at amount after feb 2021 sorry i am a bit thick ,dont know weather to carry this on is all a bit confusing to me, lol

• CockneyRebel
    No problem, it is confusing especially if you are new to it but we are here to help.
    Please don't give up on what you are entitled to.
    Many people only see the end date and are then suprised when they are called early so you are already ahead of the game

CR
  • wendy1966
    the reason i am a bit upset is i think i did not put down the things that i should have and in the report they sent me, are things i never said, like you said i can get into the shower , i can not and never said i could, and have said that they think i can use aids to wash and after i go to the loo, i cant, also that my shoulder had adiquate movement ,i was on a good day then, and also that becuse i wiped my eye with my left hand suggesting i can wash my hair, :( i only have 45% movemnet in my righ arm as it is, also i can not have adaptations to my home as its a private rented and the land lord refused, also said i had adiquate movement in my hips , and then further on said limited movement in my hips ,, sorry i am just a bit mixed up, also said i was no dizzy ir never shown signs, well i did not have my tablets i was driving and can not when i drive >?? sorry all the bumph
  • wendy1966
    is this a private message area

• CockneyRebel
    I have lost count of the times I have heard similar things
    These things should form a complaint about the assessor but will not help you win the award you deserve

You need to concentrate on showing that you meet the criteria. The DWP generally accept what the assessor says and recommends but the tribunal is independant and looks at all the evidence.
    Having got the MR decision letter, you can move to appeal now which has a much higher success rate of around 69%

PIP is about how your functionality is affected, the "How" . Relevant medical evidence is usefull only in backing up the "why" but will not in its self give you an award.
    You need to explain the trouble you have, the help you need and what happens if you don't get it. Recent examples are usefull

CR

• wendy1966
    yes i understand that, but its very hard when you are under pressure, and forget things you want to say as i felt i was rushed in a way, my friend was with me as i am a litle unsteady and she has even said i know you never said that i was sat there, and ok so shpuld i send my info in before the 6th of april which is actually the cut off date for my reconsideration .. or do i go straight to the appeal
    thanks you are so helpful .x
  • CockneyRebel
    Good morning wendy

It really is up to you but unless your new evidence is very strong you may well end up going to appeal anyway.
    Applications to tribunal should be within a month of the MR decision letter but they do accept late applications

CR

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.