esa income related or contribution based - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

esa income related or contribution based

Options
2»

Comments

• colettidude
    colettidude Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Rubydoo. Almostly totally unrelated but you mentioned that you were profoundly deaf. Have you considered the conical implant on the nhs? I work with 2 people that have had it, one was 50% 90% deaf  (maybe worse) and the other nearly 100% both ears. Both had fantastic results and agree it was a real benefit to their everyday life. The almost 100% deaf one has heard music for the first time in 35 years and has never been happier. Sorry to be off topic but hope i wasnt out of place suggesting it. Take care
  • Nett61
    Nett61 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi, both my friend & I both claim E. S. A in the support group from incapacity only she gets I.R & for the couple of years I've been getting C.B so the other wk she asked me to ring the Esa because she thought I should be on IR due to the fact I get enhanced rate of pip for care & mobility due to my fibro myalgia, cyclical vomiting syndrome & my MS, so I rang today & they are sending me a form to fill in but unfortunately my auntie passed away & about September last year 2017 she left me & my brother £5.000 each, so my question is will that make a difference in swapping to IR Esa many thanks
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello nett and welcome

Savings below £6000 are disregarded for ESA (IR) The form they will be sending is ESA3 which is just a financial check. ESA (IR) depends on your household income and savings. ESA and PIP are separate benefits although PIP can mean that you are entitled to extra amounts if you are on a low income and receive an IR element. of ESA.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • matthew04
    matthew04 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    Can anyone help after 23 yrs of working for a large bank my contract was ended on grounds of ill health for the first time ever I applied for benefits , I am married with 4 children but when I first applied my husband wasn’t working due to an accident he had st work where he nearly lost his left hand , I was awarded ESA CB based and placed in support group I was getting £109 a week and was also awarded PIP for both daily and mobility no one told me I was entitled to anything else or asked me what other income we had coming in as I had never claimed a benefit I assumed that what they advised me was correct we really are struggling and have huge mortgage arrears including council tax and gas and electric but now reading this it seems I should have been entitled to ESA IR top up and I could have had interest paid on my mortgage I have been ill with worry since 2015 due to this can anyone help me and advise me what I should be in regards lesley 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Lesley

Probably best to get f2f advice from CAB or welfare rights etc

You might be entitled to an IR top up, for this you will need to fill in an ESA3 form which is a financial check

If you are have trouble with gas and electric bills you might try

http://www.britishgasenergytrust.org.uk/uploads/A SHARED PROGRAMME OF GIVING - BGET website.pdf

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @CockneyRebel,
    thats a great bit of information, the energy trust.
    i wasn’t even aware such a thing existed to help people.
    im sure lots will be interested in this 
     :) 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.