I have received this email from my employer. Do I need to do what he asks?
As your absence has now become long term and we do not have any visibility as to when or if you might be able to return to work we would like you to attend an appointment with an occupational health practitioner. The purpose of this appointment is so that we can understand whether there are any further adjustments we could make to your employment to facilitate your return to work and when it is estimated that you might be able to return to work in the future.
We appreciate that you may wish to take someone with you during this appointment and we will also look at providing you with transport to get there. If you could please just confirm your agreement in principle to this I will look into the logistics of the appointment and will then liaise with you over those. We would also need you to sign a medical consent form in due course.
There are no further adjustments he can make as I cannot go out anywhere on my own as I use a wheelchair.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments