DLA higher rate to PIP standard. effect on Occupational pension in ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA higher rate to PIP standard. effect on Occupational pension in ESA

Options
jandee03
jandee03 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Hi, my name is jandee03 and I'm new on here. Nice to virtually meet you all.

Please can anyone help me? I have been on higher rate care and mobility components of DLA for about 9 years. i was also on incapacity benefit  from 2008 before being transferred to the ESA support group. Because I had the higher rate care, this meant that my occupational pension was ignored as income in respect of esa and I was able to keep that too. now though, i have just been moved from dla to pip but only been awarded the standard rate of both. Whilst I am going to appeal this, I'm worried that the standard rate of pip wont be enough to keep my passport to ESA. I have tried and tried to find out about this  but I cannot find an answer anywhere. I really would like to have my thoughts straight before I speak to ESA tomorrow. ( all their computers were apparently down today)does anyone know whether this means im going to lose my esa?

this whole situation is so worrying, any information would be so appreciated, thanks in anticipation

Jandee03

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Jandee and welcome

PIP and ESA are separate benefits, PIP is non means tested so will not affect your ESA
    If your ESA is contribution based then you won't qualify for premiums which require an IR element first as well as other criteria

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jandee03

Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

We have got lots of info & advice here on our site.

There is many members who have already/still are going the same situation’s.

There is also “Benefit Advisors” to hand on the website.

Can you please let me know if any of these would be helpful????

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.