PIP - part success — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP - part success

cobra
cobra Community member Posts: 36 Pioneering
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Update 26.03.18

As you know from my previous posts I’d been going through the complete DWP rounds of assessment, original decision, Mandatory Reconsideration, and finally for a tribunal hearing. But before the actual hearing, I have today received a call from DWP. They’re saying that after receiving my latest Doctors report they’ve reconsidered their assessment and have decided to offer me the enhanced mobility rate (from previous 10 points) and lower rate on care (9 points from previous 6 points). Today I have received the written confirmation.

My previous DLA rates was HRM HRC - indefinitely.

My health has deteriorated and as after having three monthly injections in my right eye

Comments

• cobra

Update 22.03.18

As you know from my previous posts I’d been going through the complete DWP rounds of assessment, original decision, Mandatory Reconsideration, and finally for a tribunal hearing. But before the actual hearing, I have today received a call from DWP. They’re saying that after receiving my latest Doctors report they’ve reconsidered their assessment and have decided to offer me the enhanced mobility rate (from previous 10 points) and lower rate on care (9 points from previous 6 points). Today I have received the written confirmation.

My health has deteriorated and as after having three monthly injections in my right eye

• cobra

I’ve now been told that I’ve to have two more and if these further 2 injections doesn’t work then they can’t do anything more  as the eye has had several laser and cataract op’s and it’s in a mess.

The amount of stress I was going for the past few months, and after consulting with my wife and my son,  I reluctantly have accepted their offer and not to go to the tribunal. I wanted to fight for my enhanced rate care which I was entitled to but as I was having too many sleepless nights and struggling with my health I gave it in to them.

I know that @matilda, @duckett123, @wilko, @macc2018@Tricia1912@ceege4, @Pipesa @CockneyRebel and (apologies if I missed any) others, who’ve been very kind with their advice and encouragement over this all sordid affair.  I would like to thank each and everyone of you who’ve worked tirelessly to help others.

I would like to say to all the people who’re applying for PIP benefits is NOT to give up if you think your case is solid and listen to the sound advice of all volunteers on this site.

I’m struggling with my eyes

• ceege4
    ceege4 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    That's great news @cobra. Absolutely brilliant!! I am so pleased for you!!! Hopefully you now put all this behind you and get on with your life!!  :)
  • cobra
    I’m sorry due to struggling with my eyes I’d made a letter ready and it won’t post the whole letter.
    Can a kind soul help me to post my full message to all to show my appreciation for the help I received on this site.
    thanks
  • PIPESA
    PIPESA Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Brill news @cobra ....hopefully the tide may be "slightly" turning...touch wood we will hear more success stories as 2018.goes on.....
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @cobra

Pleased that you have achieved at least a partial success.  Hope your eyes feel better soon. :)
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @cobra, that's great news, a great start to my day. It just goes to show that perservence and determination pays off when you know you are right and going to give up dispite the opposition. Stay well Cobra.
  • Tricia1912
    Tricia1912 Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    @cobra so pleased for you and your family, it’s a disgrace people damage their health more by having to go through these procedures. 
    Take care and sleep well. 
  • cobra

Here I've managed to get all on my PC, of what I couldn't write on my phone.

Update 26.03.18

My health has deteriorated and as after having three monthly injections in my right eye  I’ve now been told that I’ve to have two more and if these further 2 injections doesn’t work then they can’t do anything more  as the eye has had several laser and cataract op’s and it’s in a mess.

The amount of stress I was going for the past few months, and after consulting with my wife and my son,  I reluctantly have accepted their offer and not to go to the tribunal. I wanted to fight for my enhanced rate care which I was entitled to but as I was having too many sleepless nights and struggling with my health I gave it in to them.

I know that @matilda, @duckett123, @wilko, @macc2018@Tricia1912@ceege4, @Pipesa @CockneyRebel and (apologies if I missed any) others, who’ve been very kind with their advice and encouragement over this all sordid affair.  I would like to thank each and everyone of you who’ve worked tirelessly to help others.

I would like to say to all the people who’re applying for PIP benefits is NOT to give up if you think your case is solid and listen to the sound advice of all volunteers on this site.I’m struggling with my eyes  and can’t regularly post on this site but rest assured my thoughts are with you.

God Bless

Cobra

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks so much for updating us @cobra, and so pleased to hear your news. I'm sure other members will find your story really encouraging, and I'm sure your well wishes to the community members who've helped you out are really appreciated too. Wishing you all the best! 
  • cobra
    Thank you for your kind replies.  @ceege4, @PIPESA. @wilko, @Tricia1912, @PippaScope, (who all gave me the strength) and (you still owe me a Waltz  :D ) @matilda, who’d given me the most inspiration. You’re all STARS
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @cobra, your so kind, we all pointed, guided you where to go, but it was you who did the grafting and won your award. your the star not us, you've made us proud.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you very much for the compliment, @cobra!

Waltz anytime! :D
  • James1956
    James1956 Community member Posts: 4 Connected
    My husband had a form to fill in for his review, to see if the was any changes to his condition, He was in the Middle, then moved up to the Enhanced.
    After going up for his assessment, he answered all of the questions that was asked, using the form that we filled in. He had developed Focal Epilepsy. After his assessment, he got stressed out a bit and upset. He took an episode in his right arm. Now he on the top end of his PIP.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done cobra, I am glad you have an award that you can live with.
    I do hope you can get some sleep now and that the stress will leave you to concentrate on your health.
    Your story has helped many other members so a big thank you from all of us

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • cobra
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.