Tribunal timescale. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal timescale.

MAlex888
MAlex888 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello all I am new to the board and would like to ask a question to see if anybody could help me out. Recently my PIP got stopped and it’s now gone to a tribunal. In December the tribunal was adjourned as they wanted to get some evidence from my doctors. All relevant evidence was received on January 24th and now I await for a reply. I rang up the courts last week and was told that it’s not been seen yet and will go to the next available date as it’s a paper case. It’s been over two months now and I’m worried that it’s not going to be seen, I struggle with mental health and the toll on me is becoming a little much. Does anybody know how long it normally takes for a decision and is this normal? Before it got adjourned it was seen within a month so I don’t know why it’s taking so long now. Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    HI MAlex and welcome

I know it is a stressful time but it is not uncommon with a PB hearing to ask for further evidence. As PB hearings are heard whenever the tribunal has a space there is no way to predict when it will happen

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • MAlex888
    Thank you for the reply. I wouldn’t mind if they could tell me a date even if it’s in a few months time it’s the not knowing that I struggle with. Been 6 months now since my benefits got stopped and I really need this income. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It is not much comfort, but they will fit you in asap. You could try ringing the clerk and ask if it could be made a priority due to extreme hardship

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • MAlex888
    Thanks I will give it another month and then I’ll try that out. Thank you for the replies. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.