Fibro — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibro

dellas
dellas Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Was wondering if anybody on here suffers from this horrid disease .cant walk much cant use my hand arms much feel drained 

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi dellas
    I too have fibro along with its tiredness chronic pain insomnia etc not much fun.
    Every day seems to bring something else to battle with.
       Debsidoo.x
  • kimauntiemum
    kimauntiemum Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    yes have been diagnosed for 7 years now. Was medically retired from my job i loved and i am struggling so much financially. It is such an awful condition but a lot of people dont undertand it.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Iv had fibro since 1983. I kept working as long as i could with a lot of help from understaning people at work. 
    As you say every day is hard work. Some people make it even harder cos they arnt in pain. 
    Dont tolerate the ignorant who say things like "havnt you washed up. Or havnt you made your bed.or havnt you been to the shops to carfy heavy shopping while they watch tv etc"
    You will get it. Tell them to go away in which language you think they are going to understand.
    Dont do whats going to hurt. Cos you will get no thanks.
    Good luck 
  • lizxyloo
    lizxyloo Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi diagnosed with this over 6yrs not getting any easier.different symptoms to add to what u have .sleep insomnia chronic pain lower disc tissue damage incontinance arthritis, depression anxiety ptsd memory loss hip and knee pain.glasses for reading .all brought on in the last 6yrs .feel like i could rattle the amount of meds butanol patches also .and people wonder why ur not urself ?? 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lizxyloo, just wanted to say hello and welcome to the community, and thank you for sharing this with us. If there's anything we can assist you with, do let us know. 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Does anyone else feel like their body has changed? For example my wrists and ankles have bumpy hardened bits on the outsides . I have no idea why but I feel sensitivity there all the time. 
  • toni1979
    toni1979 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Hi everyone, finally after 18 mths of hospital admissions and doctors appointments I've finally been diagnosed. However, I'm not finding my day to day life very easy due to the pain i am in daily

Brightness