Compliance letter/ Telephone Interview - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Compliance letter/ Telephone Interview

1235»

Comments

• dee4848
    dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
    I do understand I suffer with it myself not a nice thing in act 3 people in my family have took ther own lives it does run in my family, and yes your Son would be devasted just go to your doctors tomorrow talk with him and go from there  Goodnight sweet dreams.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2018
    @Sandy Devon

The solution to the problem is for your son to use his own address as the mailing address.
    That removes that grey area and stops it being flag popped.
    One thing you can do to help things in the future.

You are permitted to have someone stay as a carer I believe twice a week? Do you get DLA Middle/ high care or pip care? 
    I think we had a poster saying that she couldn't live with her boyfriend even though he was a carer.
    We know that you are saying you need help and someone stays but maybe the dwp need you to be more clear or have it in writing that you receive help on xx days. 
    Your son need to help you xx days per week.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • whistles
    edited March 2018
    As for the mental health side of things. You could try to be proactive.

Write down what is bothering you.
    Decide who you need to go and see, GP or cpn. Take the bullet point notes with you- or cheat and post them like I did.  :)
    Are you on the right medication, are they causing you side effects. Are you remembering to take them.
    What help do you need. 

The fact you recognise you are stressed and recognise things are slipping suggests to me you are aware of your feelings.
    I do allow myself to ' flap like a chicken' sometimes because not all stress is bad and I learn to feel, deal and move it along. 

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sandy Devon, how are you this morning? I'm glad to see that our community members have been supporting you.

If you feel up to it, I wondered whether you might like to give the Scope helpline a call about your situation? Their number is 0808 800 3333 (free)- they receive a lot of calls, but if somebody can't speak to you immediately then we can make other arrangements. Alternatively, these NHS mental health helplines may also be something you like to consider.

Do let us know how you're getting on, and I hope today is as kind as possible to you. 
  • freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    Hi can anyone tell me who i ring to see how my mandontory reconsideration letter is going do i ring capita or the dwp thanks
  • reenie
    reenie Community member Posts: 23 Courageous
    I saw my gp yesterday and forced myself to tell her how I was really feeling. And I felt embarrassed and ashamed and guilty but ultimately I know only me can help me feel better. I dont deserve to feel this **** emotinally all the time. I do deserve to give myself a break. I learnt this in previous therapy for my past. Only now I'm disabled I can't do the things I use to do to burn off the desire to end my life. So I have told my gp I need help excepting my situation. I admitted thoughts an d feelings I didn't want to but she wrote a lovely letter to my local mental health team and asked for their contact with me to be urgent. 
    I'm hoping you are feeling more able to cope today.
    Hugs x 
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @reenie
    im glad you’v been open with your doctor. That’s sometimes the problem, not opening up to someone and your doctor will help.

just hope you hear from the mental health team soon x
  • reenie
    reenie Community member Posts: 23 Courageous
  • sandyp196
    sandyp196 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    Aren't you allowed to have people staying with you now? Surely you are. I get carers allowance and I was rehoused by the council with an extra bedroom for a carer.  My daughter and grandson stay with me 3 or 4 nights a weeK because that's why I was given the allowance and the bedroom.  My daughter has her own house but often uses my address because people are more likely to find her here than her own house. 
    The dwp are aware of this. I can't understand why people are really now getting in trouble for having help. I'm worried about this now. I thought the dwp would have more of an issue if my extra bedroom was UNUSED! 

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @sandyp196,
    i also have my son or a friend stay to help me, the DWP are aware.
    As long as you’v told them , as far as I concerned, it’s not your problem.
    Youv told them so you’v kept yourself right.
    Im not worrying about it, too much other stuff to worry about and I don’t actually care anymore x

• whistles
    The bedroom tax comes into effect when everyone changes to UC.
    Another nightmare!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 48 Listener
     Compliance telephone interview, just a update on the out come, after weeks of worrying l  decided to telephone the  compliance officer to find out what was happening with my case because it was driving me mad not knowing, as you only get a letter if you’re going to be Prosecuted, so l phoned yesterday and he said the case has been closed because there was  no change to your  circumstances, so I waited 3 weeks to hear that when he could of told me at the end of the Telephone interview, 
    but it’s all over now I have to say  it’s been the most  awful stressful 3weeks of my life, 
    good luck to anyone else with one of these Telephone interviews, don’t sit there and worry afterwards just phone back to find out how it went for your peace of mind, thank you to everyone on here who tried to help me
    l was in a real state, l have a mental health assessor coming out tomorrow to get me back on track because I discharged  myself  2 years ago thinking l could cope well it’s quite  obvious I can’t because of all the things l was saying when l had this interview coming up and after the interview as well, 
    take care all Sandy 

Brightness