Benefits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefits

Sandycfedup
Sandycfedup Community member Posts: 15 Connected
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi pretty new... So hello... 

Comments

• Sandycfedup
    Commented on ALOT of PIP nightmares and wrong decisions... I had no idea the interviewers were not qualified folk... And Decision makers are NOT QUALIFIED FOLK... I find that outrageous... 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sandycfedup, and welcome to the community! If we can be of any assistance, do let us know. 
  • Sandycfedup
    Ooh you have no idea ..
    Do you know if you can get other benefits when you get 4 points on help but 0 motability .. I am absolutely in shock from having a car for 4 years.. Higher rate mobility and medium help.. I have got to live on £81 a week and £25 of that is rent I have to make up myself... UNBELIEVABLE 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi sandycfedup and welcome

Wsa this a change from DLA to PIP ?
    Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report /
    When did you receive your decision letter ?
    you have one month from the date on the letter to ask for an MR

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    So sorry to hear that, @Sandycfedup. @CockneyRebel is a pro when it comes to DLA and PIP so do have a look at his above response if you'd like further guidance.

It might also be worth checking out the online benefits calculator to see if there's anything else you could be claiming to increase your income.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.