Can anyone tell me please if you are on pip.and it's not the highest rate .. but you're mobility i — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can anyone tell me please if you are on pip.and it's not the highest rate .. but you're mobility i

Options
helentimoumi
helentimoumi Community member Posts: 1 Listener
If you're mobility decreases and is worsening all the time .. can you apply for this ... 

Comments

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's called a change in circumstances so I guess so. 

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Sandycfedup
    Sandycfedup Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
    Good luck.... Tried that 3 times... Knocked back.. Every time and I've had a motability car for 4 years... My disabilitys were severe then but now.. Can't walk but still taking car from me... UNBELIEVABLE... My MP is involved now so.. Here's hoping.. Good luck..... 
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Options
    I have gradually worsening and last time I managed to get higher mobility after several years not daring to change it and being on lower.

So now I'm able to use motobility and have power chair and it's been life changing.... 

But now I'm waiting again to find out and it wouldn't shock me at all if they came in the night and took 'my' chair..... 

Best of luck @Sandycfedup..... I hear more appeals are won than  lost do best of luck.

@helentimoumi - give them a call and let them know there's a change. You might need some medical evidence and form filling... Might be worth a shot. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I was in the same situation, rang DWP informing them about my worsening mobility issues as you are obliged to inform them of any change in circumstances. I had to fill in a new PIP application form and go for a F2F. I was awarded still basic care and moved up to higher mobility. So my advice go for it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you're mobility decreases and is worsening all the time .. can you apply for this ... 
    You can certainly try BUT you do risk losing everything you already have. When is your review due? Awards are reviewed 1 year before they are due to end. You need to think carefully before reporting these changes and take a look at the PIP descriptors to see how and where you would gain those points for that award.

As others have said you would be sent the PIP2 forms again and another assessment is highly likely.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Options
    Yes i did a new PiP 2 as i have worsening condition plus another illness affecting my mobility. I got 2 less points for care nothing for mobility even with evidence from the neurologist i have just came out of hospital after having a spinal block to help with pain also have a neuro movement disorder Dystonia and Fibromyalgia and Ptsd. I have done MR but to be honest i dont hold out any hope. Good luck if you do make sure you tell them how you illnesses affects you.

Brightness