Won appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won appeal

Lisa1402
Lisa1402 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I just won my appeal and spoke to pip and they said they will have a look to see if I can be awarded my claim and they say it can take 4 weeks is what they are saying correct please 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Lisa1402 and a warm welcome to the community. Good to have you with us.
    Not a benefits advisor, I can't directly answer your question but we do have some folks here who can. Bear with us and I am sure they will get back to you as soon as they've seen your post.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • Lisa1402
    Thank you so much 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Don't forget they can only appeal the decision if an error in law is found. This is extremely difficult and it's rare for them to appeal it, but it can happen.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bobtweenie
    bobtweenie Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    Well done for winning . I myself just won my paper hearing only last week . I rang them on Tuesday and they have confirmed that they won't be taking me to court as the judge ruled saying there was insufficient evidence for them to supersede my previous award which was stopped in oct 2017 and they based their decision on the same bundle of papers that DWP had to make the decision to stop my money . I have an inoperable brain tumour and I struggle on a daily basis with simple things like even picking a cup up and using my left side completely . I can't even see properly out of my left eye . I had to give up work as a teacher 3 years ago when all this happened so I relied on my pip for all the out of town hospital appointment i have to attend . I had to surrender my driving licence back to DLA . Loss of my pip and financial difficulty now has left me with some debt so i have now decided to take this further regardless of DWP reimbursing me my money which they should not have stopped in the first place . I am lucky enough to have a family member who deals in law and know that I have a case for compensation . They even have now extended my award for 4 years . 
  • Lisa1402
    Thank you ,we just don't know what happens next ? We spoke to pip and they didn't seem much use at all ,do you know what happens next please thank you 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    There is nothing else you can do but wait.
    Usually the DWP put an award into payment 5-8 weeks

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Lisa1402
  • Lisa1402
    Thank you all 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.