Things are difficult — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Things are difficult

Options
andy2765
andy2765 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi sorry don't no how to post .i worked 29 years at a horse shoe factory met my ex same and moved in same year my back went sciatic nerve got trapped l4 l5 I had to have a micro dysentery in 2008 which helped but come back 2 years later had to have another op

I was paralized before op and having problems with vowels and lot of pain same thing again same place we got sea after going to appeal this op left me with nerve damage floppy toe and if
I do to much spasam so and pain down leg and the more I do the more I get floppy ankle too.

This will never get better but no more surgery can be had as they already gone thru nerves twice next time I will be on my back so no medical notes from 2011 I'm on ESA surport group at mo and have had my form for it again every time we claimed we have to appeal I'm on pip to which runs out next year.

iv also suffer bad anxiety my ex left me 2 years ago with stress and me dropping into really bad anxiety which I really dropped I'm no on my own and panic every day .i have Ibs and heart mermer too I don't no what to do cos if they refuse me I have no money coming in .and will have no option but to try work which will sett my back back .  

All I want to do is help people who going thru the same  but need to feel secure the form is sent but only with Drs short letter got no other proof so Carnt see me getting it my back is the same  sorry for babbling a lot gone of in 10 years I had support from ex but now on my own 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi andy and welcome

You are not on your own anymore, thank you for joining our community. Please have a look around and join in

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @andy2765, it looks as if you are stuck in the benefits system of claiming, appealing and going round again. Its not a nice life wondering if I will get my benefits or not trying to make the money go round, hopefully other members will give you their opinion and advice on how to move forward. 
  • sandyp196
    sandyp196 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    Options
    The government should be held accountable for the extreme poverty they plunge disabled people into.  The more poverty you endure the more your energy levels drop so you become literally unable to fight them. How many people die from this poverty? I knew 2 people personally and i barely survived it myself and it left me with more mentAl health problems that i initially had. At least these sites are here and we can help each other and bolster eachother up a little bit. 
    It's so wrong though. 
    Many disabled people can't even afford the Internet to get on these sites in the first place. 
    I hate the government of this country as they seem to despise people with health needs, many who have paid into the system they now need to access and are tricked, fooled, dismissed and stopped every inch of the way. 
    Keep fighting for what you need because the alternative is not an option for any of us. 
    I will always fight. I might not win for myself but hopefully my fight will benefit someone else down the line. 
    You don't know how much inner strength you have until your backs against the wall. We are still people and still valuable to this society no matter what the govt secretly thinks or schemes.    
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    Here here !  well said everyone.
    I think its wonderful that we can share our thoughts and fears.
    So many of us have to struggel on our own. Family and freinds having deserted us.
     .because of our illness.

Brightness