Pip points system — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip points system

mackems1973
mackems1973 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hello.I have just received my assessment forms from pip.they gave me 13 points for daily living and 12 points for the mobility part.I am chronically with arthritis and have been on DLA sinie 1993.is this points total enough to get me my car again.any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    edited January 2018
    Yes it's enough. You need 12 points to get the car / enhanced PIP. (either part)
  • mackems1973
    I was given too believe that they can change the desicion even if you have the credited amount of points.it' up to the dwp,is this something that you have heard or know about?.your help is much appreciated. M
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    The final decision is with the DWP but they usually agree with the report

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes it's enough. You need 12 points to get the car / enhanced PIP. (either part)
    That's incorrect. For the mobility car it's Enhanced Mobility part (12 points) and not daily living part.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi mackems1973mackems1973,

As poppy says, you need 12 points to in the mobility activities to get a Motability vehicle. You have the 12 you need. As CR says, the DWP usually follow the assessor's report. It's possible for the DWP to change the points (they certainly have the power to do so), but it's unusual. It will also depend on medical evidence you have sent in, but the DWP usually take the assessor's report as their guideline.

Hopefully it will all work out for you, and you'll get enhanced rates for both components, with the option to use the mobility component to lease a car if you wish.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• mackems1973
    Many thanks for kind words.I really appreciate your feedback on this matter.is am a lot more relaxed with all the comments that have been returned to me.cheers everyone. M
  • kinetic1
    kinetic1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I got 12 points but got no money
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck and let us know. We are a friendly group.

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    BenefitsTrainingCo It's possible for the DWP to change the points (they certainly have the power to do so), but it's unusual. 
    Trust me to be unusual. 
    The dwp took points off the assessor.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • booth273
    booth273 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    whistles said:
    BenefitsTrainingCo It's possible for the DWP to change the points (they certainly have the power to do so), but it's unusual. 
    Trust me to be unusual. 
    The dwp took points off the assessor.
    Thats not fair! I hope you will challenge this.... I am waiting to hear back from my 'appeal' as they made an error on the form as in they ticked the wrong box to what I had ticked! Hoping to get something as been on DLA / Mobility for 19 yrs! Good Luck  - it is so stressful !
  • stredette
    stredette Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I have just had a face to face assessment, they said it will take 6 to 8 weeks for a decision, if the application is successful do they pay it from the date they make the decision?
  • DaveTheWasp
    DaveTheWasp Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
    stredette said:
    I have just had a face to face assessment, they said it will take 6 to 8 weeks for a decision, if the application is successful do they pay it from the date they make the decision?

I'm assuming that this is about backdating of payments.

As far as I'm aware, if you're already receiving DLA, this should continue to be paid while your PIP application is being processed, in this case I don't believe that PIP would be backdated.

For a clean application for PIP with no current DLA claim, I believe that this is backdated to the date of your initial application as this would be the date DWP became aware of your needs.

Hope this helps and makes sense.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    kinetic1 said:
    I got 12 points but got no money

Do you mean 12 points in total ie for BOTH parts of claim? You need 12 on each part to get full benefit.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.