Fake claims - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fake claims

Comments

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Victoriad said:
    Hello @whistles
    Och don’t say you are long time dead.....that’s not true, you are very much alive with a great sense of humour, which I for one, am a great fan.

Ive got two hobbies....can’t be a***d at the moment but I took the step of enrolling at an evening class starting next month with Mr Victoriad being roped in to chauffeur me 10 miles away to the venue after his long day at work.

Its prompting  me to make an immense effort to get my carcass out there and engage with others .....in a normal setting amongst people without disabilities and do something to stop me ruminating all day or dwelling on myself which leads to negativity.

Victoriad said:
    Hello @whistles
    Och don’t say you are long time dead.....that’s not true, you are very much alive with a great sense of humour, which I for one, am a great fan.

Ive got two hobbies....can’t be a***d at the moment but I took the step of enrolling at an evening class starting next month with Mr Victoriad being roped in to chauffeur me 10 miles away to the venue after his long day at work.

Its prompting  me to make an immense effort to get my carcass out there and engage with others .....in a normal setting amongst people without disabilities and do something to stop me ruminating all day or dwelling on myself which leads to negativity.

Ha ha. I meant when I actually get to the end of life, its a longtime in the ground so live for now.

I did an evening class, can't recall in what. But yes it was a good way to get out of the house. 
    What does engage with others mean exactly, joining in and talking?
    I look for suitable victims to strike up a conversation with but underneath that I'm shy with big groups. Parties are a no.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    Well said Sandyp.  I had my assessment early February and was unwell both mentally and physically.  Just beginning to feel better physically but mentally assessed to be severely depressed and severe anxiety.  

My my son does canoeing, and you need to be extremely fit to do that.
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @charlene, @sandyp196

I too became and still am traumatised due to PIP f2f and Appeal. 

In in my opinion, if someone is awarded an award after the assessments etc then there has to be something wrong with them.
    Nobody would put themselves through that if they were no ill, surly 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • charlene
    Hello Whistles, I think engaging with others, is that you need prompting todo so. I don't even think it means you have to talk with anyone.  I spend a lot of time on my own, due to pain, mobility problems and stay on my own a lot.  Also problems with depression and anxiety.  I was awarded 2 points for engaging with others.
  • susan48
    @Victoriad,
    I was thinking about that very thing, mixing with people.
    Thought maybe the CPN, when I get an appointment may know of small support groups I “could” try 
  • whistles
    You will get there.  :)
    That train ride is on my list. I will do it some point this year. I might only go one stop and back, but it's a start. Dexpends how I feel. 
  • susan48
    @whistles,

Any steps a massive one, no matter what x
  • whistles
    I was unwell because of the process.
    When it said when did yoy last see your gp, I should have added a date a few weeks after I got hung out to dry.
    They have changed the criteria to lose genuine people.
    Did I read right they mobility is harder to be awarded than care? That's surely because there is only two questions? 

The only thing that worries me about these types of topics, is the feeling guilty for living aspect. Almost a you shouldn't do that because you want to claim pip. 
    Do you do online banking and use Facebook, no and no. So they wrote I don't use the Internet. I didn't say I didn't use it, I don't do what was asked. 
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • susan48
    @Victoriad,
    Would need to purchase a few , see you jimmy, hats for the guests from down south.
  • whistles
    I would probably end up on that naughty step.

• [Deleted User]
  • charlene
    I would say the mobility is harder.  I consentrated on the living questions first to my cost.  By the time I answered them all I was physically and mentally exhausted.  Innocently, I thought well that's okay, they will see me and see my mobility problems and I will be fine.  I had physio, doctors evidence ec.  What I should  have done was to wait until my head was clearer and finish the form properly.  I scored 14 for living and 4 for mobility, a costly mistake but I have learned my lessons.  I am sure 1 of the mobility questions was for mental health and the other for physical mobility.  As Susan said, just by filling out the forms, I felt as though I had been hung out to dry! 
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    charlene said:
     I am sure 1 of the mobility questions was for mental health and the other for physical mobility.  As Susan said, just by filling out the forms, I felt as though I had been hung out to dry! 
    No. You get one part of mobility because you can't walk so far and the other because you need help getting around safely. Either because you have a sensory impairment, learning disability, epilepsy or a mental health difficulty.
  • charlene
    So sorry Nystagmite, that is what I meant. Very naughty, I was tunnelled visioned there and was thinking of my problems.  Mentioned mental health, and left out other conditions which also need help with getting around safely.
  • whistles
    I concentrated on the living. Ticked no help needed for mobility on both questions. Gave no information.
    Scored enhanced for mobility for  the planning and following a journey. 
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]

Brightness