Enhanced pip. Living and mobility. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Enhanced pip. Living and mobility.

Geoffvernau_
Geoffvernau_ Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Hi my daughter has been awarded the above, she is 22 years old. She also gets U.credit. we have been told she should get a disability premium but we cannot find out how to get it. We have spoken to U.credit but they were very unhelpful and just told us to go to gov.uk which tells u nothing. I would be grateful if u could tell us what to do to apply for the premium and else she should claim. Does the premium get back dated? Would be grateful for any advice.
Thank you.
Geoff Vernau

Comments

• kimbenson21
    kimbenson21 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Hi Geoffvernau, that' s great news about your daughters PIP award. As for the disability premium, my husband is severely disabled and has been since 2013, but he only got the premium a few months ago and it was not backdated. We didn't apply for the premium as we didn't know anything about it until we got a letter, no explanation, nothing, just that he has been awarded this. I hope you find out all about it and get the premium.
    Good luck.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    @Geoffvernau_ I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but they scrapped the disability premiums for UC. Disabled people are losing out on a lot of money because of it. :/
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Geoffvernau, that' s great news about your daughters PIP award. As for the disability premium, my husband is severely disabled and has been since 2013, but he only got the premium a few months ago and it was not backdated. We didn't apply for the premium as we didn't know anything about it until we got a letter, no explanation, nothing, just that he has been awarded this. I hope you find out all about it and get the premium.
    Good luck.
    It might be worth talking to CAB to see if back date could be claimed, bit of a long shot, but nothing ventured and all that

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.