Misrepresenting yourself as a Nurse - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Misrepresenting yourself as a Nurse

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    To be fair, I had more training to become a postie that the assessor get!! 

Think NS they all need retraining 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Catastrophe
    Catastrophe Community member Posts: 21 Courageous
    The only training the Assessors get is a few days training on how to use the Note Pads they have been issued with at taxpayers expense!
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    My assessor was a paramedic. Where would I start to look that up? 
    I didn't know that at the assessment, I didn't actually care to be honest.  A qualified person doesn't encourage me to talk, I can do that already. That's the point of the assessment, to put a person to the paper.

What is still puzzling me is people didn't have any issues with paper based DLA. The DM wouldn't be qualified in every single area. The person reading your forms isn't qualified, so why suddenly is this an issue.
    The DM ignored the assessor and dropped points off. So they don't go by what the assessor errors in every case.
    As for training we don't get any in how to fill out the forms. It looks like you need to be with Mensa to fill out in detail. I got two weeks to do it over Christmas, found this site AFTER it had all been sent off. The person helping wasnt interested in seeking 

Random question- are they likely to send people with MH applications to a MH nurse/cpn? 

This website is interesting, what the assessors think of working for Capita. One assessor says about the initial 5 week training isn't enough. DWP make changes to PIP and they are left to get on with it.

https://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Capita-PLC/reviews?fjobtitle=Disability+Assessor
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • susan48
    @whistles,
    Your post brings up very good points, gave me things to think about.

I wasn’t on DLA so cannot comment on that process.

We all, me included, look for someone or something to blame for things.
    I guess the assessor is an easy target for some
  • whistles
    This is a snippet from an assessor.

"On a typical day, you see 3-4 claimants, each assessment takes 60-90 minutes and the write up 1:30 - 3 hours per assessment. Then your work gets assessed and gets sent back to you for amendments if the companies QLS team are not happy with your assessment" 

And those people were not even there!!!!
  • [Deleted User]
  • whistles
    I have read all the reviews and yes just copied that from the site.
  • susan48
    Sorry to be ignorant but what’s QLS Team?
  • susan48
    So the assessor is getting assessed on their assessment??

sorry struggling to get my head round that @whistles
  • Catastrophe
    If all these so called Nurses working for Atos and Capita went back to the Hospital Wards, there would not be such a shortage of Nurses in the NHS.  Same goes for Paramedics.  Anyone who has received training to become a Nurse or a Paramedic should be working in the capacity for which they were trained instead of becoming pen pushers for the DWP who tells Assessors to deliberately lie in order to reduce the number of Claims.  What is going on here in the Uk is a bloody disgrace.  Whey get a Degree in Nursing to become a pen pushing paper shuffler?
  • Catastrophe
    whistles said:
    My assessor was a paramedic. Where would I start to look that up? 
    I didn't know that at the assessment, I didn't actually care to be honest.  A qualified person doesn't encourage me to talk, I can do that already. That's the point of the assessment, to put a person to the paper.

What is still puzzling me is people didn't have any issues with paper based DLA. The DM wouldn't be qualified in every single area. The person reading your forms isn't qualified, so why suddenly is this an issue.
    The DM ignored the assessor and dropped points off. So they don't go by what the assessor errors in every case.
    As for training we don't get any in how to fill out the forms. It looks like you need to be with Mensa to fill out in detail. I got two weeks to do it over Christmas, found this site AFTER it had all been sent off. The person helping wasnt interested in seeking 

Random question- are they likely to send people with MH applications to a MH nurse/cpn? 

This website is interesting, what the assessors think of working for Capita. One assessor says about the initial 5 week training isn't enough. DWP make changes to PIP and they are left to get on with it.

https://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Capita-PLC/reviews?fjobtitle=Disability+Assessor
    Paradmedics MUST be registered here https://www.gov.uk/register-paramedic.  If not they are breaking the law!
  • Catastrophe
    Excuse typo:  Should read PARAMEDICS not Paradmedics!   LOL!
  • Catastrophe
    susan48 said:
    @whistles,

susan48 said:
    @whistles,

When they are on a salary of £32,000+ per year, they should jolly well be honest, record Claimant's health issues correctly, should have integrity and be who they say they are and certainly NOT bow their heads to the DWP who are telling Assessors to deliberately lie about Claimant's health issues in order to refuse the Claim.  That is FRAUDULENT.  It is TAXPAYERS MONEY that is paying their wages.  It is disgraceful that Nurses who have been trained here in the UK and also Paramedics, prefer to become desk bound pushing pens as a living.  No wonder the NHS is in such a state with a shortage of Nurses and with those who dial 999 having to wait hours for an ambulance to arrive!
  • [Deleted User]
  • susan48
    @Catastrophe,
    whilst I do agree, regardless of how much your salary is, they should be honest, we are. 
    Also the fact that nurses, paramedics etc are doing this job is not our job to work out why, possibly there’s a reason they are not in that role anymore.

Us of all people criticise people for judging us so we shouldn’t judge them.

Everyone has there own thoughts on assessors but they do have rules to follow and I’m sure if there are complaints bout certain ones it would be flagged somewhere that there not following procedures.

Just a thought 
  • [Deleted User]
  • charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    On a personal level, I would not walk into a room and let an untrained medical person examine me.  In the real world if a person touches me, it could be construed as common assault.  

At my assessment I was asked to look up, look right and left, look down, which I did but just once. (Pain).I have arthritis in my neck, and at its worse for months when turning, left to right I get this very loud crunching.  Dries me mad.  At present the crunching is there, but thankfully is quiet.  
    Because of this problem, I must not exercise my neck, because it can bring on a stroke.

on reflection, I think I was foolish to turn my head this way and that.  It was because I thought  my assessor was an health professional, and  lulled into a false sense of  security.  I think my assessor was medically trained, because when I put my head down, she actually said, don't do that!
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • susan48
    I’m sure all the assessors have training in general health, if it was a case that anyone medical or otherwise could be an assessor then I’d had thought they would be an endless list of people wanting a very well paid job.

@charlene , sounds like your assessor had some understanding of your neck problems.

• charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    Susan, I just can't believe how stupid I was though.  In future I must say NO!

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.