Pip been declined — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip been declined

becca91
becca91 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
hi has anyone got any experiences with the mr 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    You have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR and you'll need to put it in writing. Having a copy of the assessment report will help you here. If you don't have it then ring DWP to ask them to send it to you. You'll need to put in writing everything you disagree with and put what you think you should have scored points for and why.

Send any extra evidence you have with the letter. Most MR decisions remain the same so the likely hood of you having to take it to Tribunal is high. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    There is a Mandatory Reconsideration letter tool which will generate a letter for you.

http://www.advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool

Try to get f2f advice from CAB or similar.

• becca91
    Thank you i did do one over the phone yesterday says ive gotta wait 6 weeks most of the information in the report was lies 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi becca

Have you got the assessment report or just the decision letter ?

If you disagree with the what the assessor has written then you should make a separate complaint to the assessment company.
    This wont get you the award but may help if you have to go to tribunal

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • becca91
    Yeah im putting a complaint in Tuesday just my luck it's fallen on a bank holiday 
  • Norton2018
    Norton2018 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Yeah. .Did mine 2 days ago.. Cannot believe these So called assessors and Decision makers.. Are let away with so many lies... !
    I read a link from Facebook . Not sure how true it is... But apparently when an assessor or D. Maker gets alot of success in lying and taking folks cars off them etc.. They are actually PAYED more...!!
    I actually would not be surprised.. Just wish I could prove it...
  • becca91
    Yeah ive heard this to as the assessor gets paid on commission
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    I have heard this many times but not a shred of evidence. I have misgivings as to the truth of this, I think that by now, if it were true a whiste blower would have come forward

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Mine hasn't yet but I know I will any advice on can they carry out the assessment when the computers were down and she didn't complete all the forms questions or see any of the evidence I had sent. I I know it went bad . Sorry I am new to this site so I might not be in the right place.  Justg72
  • Annabelle26
    Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
    I too am going through the long slow process of trying to get PIP.  I was awarded DLA years ago after a through examination by a GP.  Last year I was told I had to apply for PIP.  After a 20 minute examination with a nurse who was typing on a laptop for most of the time her report decided basically I was ok so I did not get PIP & lost the DLA.  I have been through the MR process & at present I am waiting for a date to go to the Tribunal to get PIP.  I also put in a complaint to Capita but they decided they could not accept/reject the complaint as it was my word against the Assessor & of course she followed all the guidelines.  I have now submitted a request to someone called the Independent Case Examiner who will tell me if they case pursue a complaint against Capita.  They are supposed to let you know within 2 weeks so I am hoping to hear anytime now.  Whilst all this is happening I am struggling both financially & mentally trying to make ends meet & not getting stressed about things.
  • becca91
    Since this pip has come out most people that have a disability have to fight to keep it. Its not right 
  • sammy44
    sammy44 Community member Posts: 18 Courageous
    I’m dreading my mr decision because my car will go back then I can’t get about or get to work or all my hospital appointments I have heard they don’t change there mr decisions and it’s making me fell sick thinking about it 
  • becca91
    Sammy44 im with you there my daughter has same condition so we won’t be able to get to hospital appointments 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    69% of appeals succeed so it's worth the hassle of appealing.  My PIP was increased after appeal from standard both components to enhanced both components.

Disability Rights UK site has a good guide to all stages of PIP.  And their Disability Rights Handbook has a good section on appeal Hearings, available to buy from their site.

@sammy44 - could you afford to buy your own car?  Some dealers will give five years' interest-free credit on new car purchases.  I advise people to buy their own cars in case they lose their enhanced mobility, if only temporarily.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.