Applying for PIP again — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Applying for PIP again

adhdbird1980
adhdbird1980 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi really need some help I had 21points for pip and it was not due to be reveiwed until 2017 but got reveiwed in 2016 a year b4 I ended up with 0 points everything the asseror put was a lie. I suffer with severe depression anxiety panic attacks ptsd as I was held at gunpoint in my own home whilst pregnant with twins lost one baby been diagnosed with adult adhd which explains a lot on meds medikeint for adhd venlaflax 150mg for depression vitamin d because I don’t go out so my levels are so low I have to take them for 2 years and iron because it’s low due to me not  eating properly I have been to many therapies Cbt had some other therapy where we use eye movement seen  so many physiologist had some  therapy but because of my adhd nothing is working Due to how my brain process things lol my life is hard as it is and my partner does every for me I hope this time I get a decent assessor who doesn’t lie on every question the last one camento my house I had such a bad anxiety attack I was sick and she wanted to stop the assement but still got 0 points any info would be great 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi adhdbird and welcome

It is usual for the review to take place a year before the end date

Can you tell us where you are in the process ?
     Are you going to tribunal appeal or is this a new claim ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • adhdbird1980
    Hi it was a joke tbh Firstly I had to go to a assement place my anxiety was so bad I couldn’t breathe etc the lady wanted to stop the assement got 0 points every thing she put was a lie then in 2017 had to go tribunal and  I got 4 points I was so deverstated going out in general is hard just re applied again now in jan don’t know how I went from all the points to 0 I’m just waiting now as I got a text to say they have all the info they need then I get a letter off capita saying they have my evidence and are looking at it and will be in touch if I need a face to face. Only thing that had changed was I have been diagnosed with adhd also last year my physiologist wanted me to get diagnosed before we can proceed with help due to the ptsd etc I’ve done almost every therapy and they have all these medical reports yet ignore them I have a appointment with another mental health doctor in April luckily it’s at the same place my adhd nurse is and he’s aware and said they will help me o just feel lime **** They made me feel like I was lying my anxiety and depression is sky high now It’s a joke the whole **** of the assement in 2016 till now has been emotionally and mentally draining I’ve contemplated suicide a few times but my partner locks my meds up it’s such a hard fight sorry if I’m going on  
  • CockneyRebel
    Hi adhdbird

No problem we are here to listen and help when we can and a good rant never hurt anyone :)

PIP is about the "HOW " your condition affects you. Medical evidence can only help by attesting to the " WHY "

Hopefully this time you will get the award you deserve

It might be a good idea to keep a daily diary as this can help with varying conditions

If you haven't done so , have a look at the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

Please keep in touch and ask any questions or just let off a bit of steam

CR

• adhdbird1980
    Thank you so much :) 
  • CockneyRebel
    You are very welcome :)
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @adhdbird1980 and welcome to the community. Glad you found us.
    Very best to you,
    Richard
  • adhdbird1980
    Thank you Richard :) 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.