Pip Appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Appeal

Options
bannister6
bannister6 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I have kept all my evidence from over 20 years my condition has not got any better In fact it's got worse, when I went for my face to face meeting and got my rejection letter it was like he was talking about someone else so I did a  mandatory appeal still told I have lost all my benefits so I am now appealing against this, the date on my mandatory letter is the 23/3 18 but I never got my letter till the 31/3/18 and this being Easter leaves me less than 3 weeks to appeal I need to take a professional with me who can plead my case any help to find someone would be great I am 63.

Comments

• fanof70sgirl
    fanof70sgirl Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hi bannister6 I am unsure whereabouts you live but here in Kent there is an organisation called Disk (Disability Information Service in Kent) and they are very good and while I await my "invitation" to apply for PIP this will be the first place I go to when it arrives. There may well be a local advisory organisation near where you live so if you haven't already looked I would urge you to do so. I wish you well.
  • bannister6
    Options
    Thank you I will have a look and see if there is one in Knowsley.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi bannister and welcome

Don't panic.

So having been through assessment and MR you still do not have the award you deserve, the next step is to appeal to the independant tribunal.

If at all possible get f2f advice from CAB or similar

The first stage is to submit form SSCS1

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/689021/sscs1-eng.pdf

Fill in all sections of the form, at this stage you do not need to go into great detail, just the basic reasons for your appeal are sufficient. A more detailed submission should be done later.

It is always advisable to attend in person. Success rate is around 69%

You will then receive an acceptance letter from the tribunal

The DWP then have 28 days to prepare and submit their case and all the paperwork and evidence used in making their decision.

You will be sent a copy of this, known as the bundle.

Check that all your submitted evidence is included

Using the bundle now is the time to prepare your own submission referencing by page and paragraph where the evidence proves that you meet the descriptor and criteria for an award

You do not need further evidence to appeal but any new relevant evidence will help.

It can help to keep and submit a daily diary of how your functionality is affected

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @bannister6

Have you considered contacting your local Citizens Advice for some assistance?

We also have a lot of useful information about appealing a DWP benefits decision on our website, including some resources on tribunals. You may find the following videos of interest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67tDSlsityY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIHjSpNNbQo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WEvbFVlQOc

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please do get in touch.

• bannister6
    Options
    Thank you very much I am going to see CAB tomorrow will let you know how I get on.
  • bannister6
    Options
    Hi went to the CAB today I have a meeting on the 19th. Went to phiso and asked if they could give me a letter for my case they said they will have a meeting and see what they can do hope they can help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.