Medication — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Medication

debbiedo49
debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
I’ve been on pain meds Gabapentin for a couple of years and I’ve just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. My gp has advised me to increase my meds from 6 per day to 9 per day gradually starting one at bedtime for one week and so on. I’ve done this twice and I feel so muddled and clumsy and shaky. I can’t believe one tablet more is affecting me so much . Would like to know does this settle down please?

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi debbie

Although we cannot give medical advice we can talk about our own issues with meds
    My wife takes a cocktail which includes Gabapentin, what doseage are you on ?
    The muddled fellings do get better, some days none at all other like she is a bit tipsy. Stick with it but see your GP if you have concerns

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • debbiedo49
    600 mg 3 x daily going up to 900 mg 3 x daily 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    That is just over what my wife dose @ is 800mg x3 so not unusual. You should get used to it but if not please see your GP

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    No help but hope you start to feel better.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Marlie7
    Marlie7 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Aww hope you feel a lot better soon .I take Gabapentin  and I feel as though my legs are not attached to my body . Anyone else have this problem x
  • debbiedo49
    I feel I have much more brain fog but less general pain. Im still suffering really badly from plantar fasciitis and sciatica type pain in my hip which is not getting any better. Im much tired after walking than I normally am and feel like **** with fatigue. I am getting words mixed up and my concentration is worse. Also shaking more than usual. 
  • debbiedo49
    My body has become used to the meds now and I’m not quite as knocked out when I take them. It’s a blessing I’m on them right now as my fibro has escalated due to stress from family bereavement. 

Brightness