Successful PIP outcome — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Successful PIP outcome

Options
lairorgat
lairorgat Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Have often read many of the posts on here regarding problems of getting PIP. I was on higher DLA mobility and had a car with Motability. This all came to an end on June 4th 2017 when they stopped my DLA and refused me PIP. Then the process then started first the appeal and after that the appeal to the court. Finally after 303 days l had my day in court today and after a few questions from the judge and the doctor in all about 10 minutes. The judge adjourned and after 5 mins returned awarding me both parts of PIP even though l had never claimed the living component 0f DLA. She also apologized for me having to wait so long and told the DHSS official that she would register a complaint regarding the case.

I was gob smacked. Many many times over the last 303 days l have thought of just giving up and forgetting about it. I just want to stress to everyone you can fight the system and you must fight the system. I know sometimes the aggro makes you want to give up but don't it's hard, frustrating and worrying but DON'T GIVE UP :)

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.