What is the ESA support group? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What is the ESA support group?

baggsy26
baggsy26 Community member Posts: 39 Connected
hi my son has been put in the support group for ESA what is This please

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @baggsy26, and welcome to the community!

This information is from the Citizens Advice ESA page:
    The support group

If you’ve been put in the support group, it means the DWP has decided that you can’t work and that it doesn’t expect you to do anything to improve your chances of finding work.

However, if you’re in this group and decide that you want to take part in work-related activity anyway, you can do. Use the contact details on your decision letter to let the DWP know you want to do this. They’ll let you know if there’s any suitable work-related activity going on in your area that you can join.
  • baggsy26
    baggsy26 Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    Thank you for replying 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome @baggsy26, if we can be of any other assistance do let us know. You may also like to check out our previous ESA discussions!
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I was put on this a few years ago. For me first of all it was one to one with an advisor at a company contracted by DWP to help people get back to work. I was told this could go on for 2 years. After less than 1 year they sent me to an actual group in another company ( as my advisor got a new job I believe she bumped me) where I had to join in with other people . Neither of these were suitable for my health conditions. I couldn’t attend the second one and I got bumped to a medical and taken off esa . So your son must go. These people are only trying to do their jobs but what happened to me was due to lack of experience of how to help people with my health issues. That could well be different for your son. Good luck.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.