I've lost my mobility car, what next — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've lost my mobility car, what next

glorybe14
glorybe14 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited April 2018 in Transport and travel
PIP Standard rate, previously I was on the higher rate and a frequent Motability client, is another charity to help Standard rate PIP recipients stay mobile.

Comments

• Suz1948
    Suz1948 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I have also lost my Motabiliy
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @glorybe14, sorry to hear this. Are you going to be appealing the PIP decision to see if this can be overturned? If not, you may be interested in this grants search to see if there are any awards suitable for your situation.

Hi @Suz1948, and welcome to the community. So sorry to hear you're in the same situation- I hope the above advice can help you too. If there's anything we can advise on, do let us know- many of our community members have been through similar circumstances too. 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Some dealers give five years' interest free credit on new car purchases.  But appeal if you haven't already done so.  My mobility was raised from standard to enhanced on appeal.
  • glorybe14
    Motability makes 2 offers to compensate towards losing the vehicle, (the lower second payment when you give back your vehicle will not help you stay mobile)  Please take the first figure which is financially higher & allows you to make that initial payment towards a lease car straight from dealership not through Motability.
  • regent
    regent Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Most main motor dealers offer an equivalent Mobility  type scheme, which is supported by the vehicle manufactures., which is in my opinion, is better than the DWP mobility scheme.,,
  • glorybe14
    But you are status graded, having a disability doesn't always make you the best candidate for loans and other credit.  Most dealership want some form of security, when you are Disabled. Or even able bodies.
  • regent
    regent Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Don't go on hearsay, do go and talk to the person in the dealership who handles manufactures mobility It will all be explained...then go to another dealership and talk to them....!!...
  • glorybe14
    Done a small bit of research but I will put in the ground work and try and get a reasonable outcome. Thanks for info.

Brightness