evidence on the day of pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

evidence on the day of pip tribunal

ocdman
ocdman Community member Posts: 58 Connected
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My tribunal is imminent I was told roughly three weeks ago that the average waiting time in my area was another 5 weeks to go, so by my reckoning ive another two weeks to go. My question is concerning evidence on the day. I have found an old report that I think would be useful to prove how long ive been suffering from this mental health condition. The report is from over twenty years ago and it documents my mental health problems but the last couple of pages are missing. Would the tribunal accept it or knock it back as an incomplete report ?  It is very useful as I say but due to the age of it and the government body who gave me it the chances of me being able to get a new replacement one would be zero. I suppose I can always try on the day. nothing to lose etc but if anyone knows if it ok to do so that would be encouraging news for me to hear.

Thanks David

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 
    I would post it with a covering letter with your details, NI number tribunal ref number.

if I’m correct from the letter confirming the date of tribunal you have 7 days to send any new evidence.

i would wait til you have a date then send it in or hand it in on the day, but doubt they’d have much time to read it just before the hearing.

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    You can submit not more than two pages of A4 on the day.  Otherwise, send the document in now and keep a copy 
  • ocdman
    Thank you susan and matilda . Any thoughts about whether they would accept a doccument with a couple of pages missing at the end ?
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    I would put it in , it’s hopefully still got relevant evidence in the pages you have.

i sent in everything I had from a few years ago.

dont think it says anything about timescales for evidence, please anyone correct me if I’m wrong .

good luck and I’d talk to CAB if in doubt
  • ocdman
    Thanks susan , thats what I was thinking no harm in trying. Thanks again . David
  • Matilda
    The rest of the pages are there to provide some evidence.  If in doubt, send document in anyway.  Explain that you know two pages at the end are missing.
  • Clarecook1973
    Clarecook1973 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Hi we was told u can submit more evidence on the day we wasn't allowed and I lost my tribuneral there reason was because I care for my son I can't get pip. 
    Basically my advice to you is don't go on your own have support hun I have depression to do understand how u feel good luck I hope u win 
  • ocdman
    Thank you all for your posts. I think ill put it in anyway and hope. Thanks again for all the advice.
  • Matilda
    @ocdman

In my PIP appeal tribunal decision letter, an appeal I won, the tribunal placed a lot of weight on my DLA claim medical reports from 19 years earlier (the only medical reports submitted with my PIP appeal submission).

A BenefitsTrainingCo adviser on here told me that only a couple of pages of A4 would be likely to be considered by a tribunal on the day.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.