pip and mental health — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip and mental health

Options
lebabes219
lebabes219 Community member Posts: 28 Listener
hi everyone. i have had 2 previous pip applications in the last 2 years, does anybody know if the new ruling only applies to those who were awarded any rate or can i ask for the 2 claims to be reconsidered?

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

If you are refering to the mobility and psycholigical distress ruling, you do not need to ask for them to be looked at.
    The DWP are reviewing all claims that may have been affected since march 2017 when they made a change that was overturned.
    Any claim prior to then will not have been affected

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • lebabes219
    Options
    i have just recently been awarded enhanced mobiltiy, waiting for tribunal date n daily living. are the dwp also looking at claims where i was awarded CockneyRebel said:

If you are refering to the mobility and psycholigical distress ruling, you do not need to ask for them to be looked at.
    The DWP are reviewing all claims that may have been affected since march 2017 when they made a change that was overturned.
    Any claim prior to then will not have been affected

CR
    thankyou ,i have just recently been awarded enhanced mobiltiy, waiting for tribunal date on daily living. are the dwp also looking at claims where i wasnt awarded enough for either of the previous claims or only the awards where something was awarded?

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They are supposed to be looking at all claims from march 2017 where MH was not correctly assessed. However, the reality is that if no award was made it is unlikely that the change will make a difference

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • lebabes219
    Options
    They are supposed to be looking at all claims from march 2017 where MH was not correctly assessed. However, the reality is that if no award was made it is unlikely that the change will make a difference

CR
    Thankyou for your help
  • baggsy26
    baggsy26 Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    Options
    I have asked for my son to be reassessed because I see people far better off than him with their disabilities and they get high care and high mobility he can’t follow journeys because he can’t read he has global development delay and he was awarded low about 4yrs ago so I have asked them to look at this again and he has very unlimited speech I am now waiting for a letter for him to possibly have another f2f anybody else have had a reassessment and what was the outcome thanks 
  • lebabes219
    Options
    baggsy26 said:
    I have asked for my son to be reassessed because I see people far better off than him with their disabilities and they get high care and high mobility he can’t follow journeys because he can’t read he has global development delay and he was awarded low about 4yrs ago so I have asked them to look at this again and he has very unlimited speech I am now waiting for a letter for him to possibly have another f2f anybody else have had a reassessment and what was the outcome thanks 
    hi did you you contact the pip helpline to ask if they are reconsidering previous claims? wasn't sure if i should do this

• baggsy26
    baggsy26 Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    Options
    Didn’t know  I could do this but won’t they just agree if they think if anything was left out from previous claims that they would look into this 
  • juliesr
    juliesr Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Options
    I was told my DLA is ending and had to apply for pip I was scored zero for this so been waiting 15 months i have cood and depression and fibromyalgia and it has got me so down with the stress of court tribrunal that my health and mental stress has suffered if been signed off from work by to and occupation health for Sainsbury's. Just got court date for 30 april real worried about that on top of everything else 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.